Skip to main content

Stuff that Happened This Week #2

It's Monday right now... and i'm going to post this on Saturday or Sunday... but a lot of stuff has already happened this week. Some of it has already happened... but I forgot to mention it in post #1 so I thought I'd mention it here too. Also I update this as more stuff happens because it's a week a lot of crap is gonna happen.

 So I'll start with the older news and then we'll go on from there.

1) X Factor Is Cancelled After season... ohhh who cares- I'm actually super happy about this. Not that I ever watched X Factor, but I'm happy that it seems like people are less interested in this type of reality show. There are so damn many of these friggin shows on tv right now and for a while nothing was original or funny. I mean Arrested Development was replaced with goddamn Skating With Celebrities! Which failed btw. I'm just happy that a reality show is over and I feel like the craze is FINALLY dying.

2) Ben and Leslie's Lock was stolen- The lock in France that said "Ben and Leslie" from Parks and Recreation has been STOLEN! Somewhere out there, there's a super hardcore parks and rec fan with that lock in France. Whattt! lol.

3) Shia LeBeouff is both crazy and not famous- I really liked this guy as Louis Stevens on Even Stevens... and he has disappointed me ever since. He's like trying to be James Franco's evil twin (that would be quite a good movie actually... I'm totally writing this.) Anyway he wore a paper bag that said "I am not famous anymore" to the premier of his new movie "nymphomaniac." I really hope someone wears that to the Oscars.

4) Late Night Shuffle- Every few years Jay Leno has his last show and gets replaced by someone younger (and funnier... and hopefully a better human being...). So yeah he's off the show... I'm okay with that, but I understand people liked him and stuff. Jimmy Fallon is actually taking over for him and Seth Meyers is taking over for Jimmy Fallon. None of this was really news, it had been announced a while ago, but the big news this week is that Fred Armisen is leading the band on "late night with Seth Meyers." I'm actually pretty excited about this, I like Jimmy and Seth and Fred a lot.... so maybe I'll watch it. I like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report best, but I'll watch Jimmy Fallon and probably Seth Meyers also. Another good talk show host: Craig Ferguson. He likes Ghost Rider too!


5) Ellen Page comes out of the closet- Good for you Ellen! I think she's an amazing actress and I'm happy that she can live openly now. I'm happy for her. I haven't seen her in a movie for a long time, and I hope to see her in more movies. Unrelated, just a side note cause I think she's a good actress and I'd like to be more of a fan.

6) There was a whole bunch of snow-Okay I guess this isn't really news because it happened and its over now... but it still happened and it sucked I guess. I was happy to get off of class, not gonna lie.

7) Sequel Spinoff Time- Soooo Michael Keaton just announced that he will be in Beatlejuice 2 and Tim Burton will direct. Dr, Horrible 2 is going to happen also... and Greta Gerwig was cast as the lead in "How I Met Your Father."

Idk how I feel about the sequels. I was just thinking the other day "you know Dr. Horrible doesn't need a sequel" but it's still kind of cool that it happened. Idk what they're going to do with Beatlejuice 2... but Michael Keaton is cool so I guess I'm excited.

And I think How I Met Your Father is a mistake. The plot doesn't sound great and they're really beating a dead horse with this concept... wow I just realized that phrase and I don't like it cause I don't want the horse to die... beating a dead cockroach. Let's go with that!

8) The Rise and Fall of Dumb Starbucks- So Nathan Fielder from "Nathan For You" opened up a Starbucks as a "parody art"and it was exactly like Starbucks but it has the word "dumb" in front of it and its free, They just ask for donations. It's awesome. And there were long lines and lots of instagram photos... but then it closed in LA... but it might open in Brooklyn soon... so I will wait in line for a free cup of coffee and some instagram pics and to possibly meet someone famous from NY. Dan Harmon was at the LA one... pretty awesome.

9) There were Olympics- I don't follow the Olympics. I don't know who won or lost or anything. I think an American woman won for speedskating and I think that was the first American to win gold in Russia... idk I don't really follow... but that's cool. Go America! And I think Canada is a country still too and they probably played some games? I don't really know at all. It is still news though and it is relevant to this week.

All I know is Parks and Rec wasn't on :(

10) California is putting warning labels on sodas- okay this is just something I heard on the news and I could look up the full details, but this isn't a real news blog, it's just me saying things that happened this week. I think they said it was California that was putting labels on sugary drinks... which I think is stupid. As an adult, when I drink a soda I know what I'm getting into and I do it anyway. I'm never like "hmmm... I wonder if this cherry pepsi will help me loose weight... better try it and find out" and then drink it. I'm like "ohhh soda is delicious and refreshing because they put buttloads of sugar in it. I'm gonna have 5!"

And like they're treating this like its a drug of some sort... it's a friggin soda get over it. People have been drinking tons of soda for tons of years and probably not all of them died. Probably. I just think it's a little ridiculous. That's why whenever I go to the movies I get a big ass Cherry Coke and I drink it. This is America! We should be allowed to consume whatever goddamn size soft drink we want without anyone judging us for doing so. And if they do, go ahead judge. I've got a giant ass Cherry Coke as a friend now SO I DON'T NEED YOU! Lol.

11) Muppets Puppeteer John Henson dies-So sad! This just happened today, I was trying to do a top 10, but I love the muppets so much I had to mention this also. He was 48 years old. So sad. Much love to him, and all the muppets family right now.

Sooo on that sad note, that is all that I found worth mentioning this week. It was a pretty big week for news I guess. Hope you enjoyed it! I think I'm going to do this every weekend, I'm starting to really like this blog.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f