Skip to main content

I love Drugstore Makeup Tag!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

I'd have to say I've never been disappointed with L'oreal or Nyx. Those two are my favorite favorites... but they aren't exactly the cheapest. I'm starting to like Covergirl quite a lot too, so that's probably the most affordable drugstore brand that I love... but L'oreal is probably first. 

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
 
Face product is probably a tie between my Covergirl 3 in one Stay fabulous whatever foundation and my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. The Covergirl foundation is really great coverage and it stays all day and it is quite awesome. I really like it. The Olay BB Cream is really great for my dry skin in the winter time and it gives a nice coverage also. 

Cheek- I'm just sort of experimenting with blush right now but if I had to pick my favorite is Elf baked blushes. They're really nicely pigmented... I think these are harder to find in stores unfortunately. They do have them on Elf's website, I'm not sure if they're at Target at all. I got mine from Harmon, Bed Bath and Beyond would probably have it also. 

Lip I'm gonna go with Nyx Butter Glosses. So pigmented, so hydrating on the lips and I just love them. My favorite color that I've tried is Maple Blondie. It is a really great pink color that works with any look and would be flattering to anyone I think. It's really nice. 

3.Least Favorite Product?

I'm not crazy about the Maybeline Dream Lumi concealer... and idk why! I feel like it doesn't really cover my dark circles. It's not all that terrible, I might even repurchase it, but idk. I feel like it's fine and I'm just expecting too much from my concealer, but that was a bit disappointing. 

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
 

Wet n Wild color icon trio's. They're insanely pigmented, feel really nice, have a wide variety of colors and they're less than $4. Ummm yes! They have bigger ones too for 4.99 also that look awesome, but I haven't tried them yet, so idk. 

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)


My favorite Mascaras are overlooked! Physician's Formula's organic jumbowear mascara and the L'oreal Butterfly mascara. Really great, hardly hear anyone talking about them. 

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced? 

I really like the Physician's formula mascara, and I want to try some of their other stuff... but the brand is so expensive for drugstore. It's a bit overpriced. 

Also I like these a lot, but Maybeline's new facestudio highlight and stick blushes are pretty damn expensive and I don't think they're life changing for the price. It's something I would repurchase cause I like it and I want to see other colors... but I'll wait for a sale or something.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!



8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

Probably the Maybeline Babylips. I really like the Dr. Rescue because they are hydrating and they do have a great color payoff, but they probably aren't the most hydrating or best color payoff. Idk I feel like Revlon Lip Butters are better. Also Rimmels Show Off laquers aren't the best. They're pigmented and everything... but I reach for mine a lot less than most other things. 

That is it! Hope everyone is having a really nice Valentine's Day! 

Byeeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f