Skip to main content

Movies You Should Watch

Sooo I've been doing a lot of mini reviews lately of movies that are streaming or just easy to find in general and here are some you should check out.

1) Cabin in The Woods- I watched this a few months ago and it is such a great movie. It is the perfect blend of scary and funny and "wait what happened? Could that happen?" There are a lot of twists and turns and it's kind of cheesy but it's meant to be. I thought it was just a horror movie about kids going into a cabin and theres a killer or something... but there is sooo sooo much more than that. It's just a really great horror movie. It's a fun one to watch and it kind of makes you think a little bit.

They are also making this a ride in Universal... which sounds absolutely epic and horrifying to me. If you watch it at the end you'll see why the ride would be so great and really scary at the same time. I'm excited and I definitely want to go! This is available on Netflix. 

2) Sleepaway Camp- This is the best horror movie of all time... possibly one of the best movies of all time. It's a good one. It's got a GREAT twist at the end. This is on youtube and it seems like its just a cheesy horror movie, but trust me its more than that. There are a few sequels to this movie that I haven't seen yet... but I think I'm going to do that sometime soon.

3) Safety Not Guaranteed- This is just one of my favorite movies all around. It's such a beautiful and interesting story. I've seen it at least 3 times... I'll probably see it wayyy more than that because it's just so great. It's based off of a meme of a man that was looking for help with his time machine and the ad said "safety not guaranteed." Mark Duplass is ALWAYS amazing and has great chemistry with the lead of the story, Aubrey Plaza who is an intern at a newspaper thats doing a story on this. It's great.

I feel like this is supposed to be an indie love story almost like Eternal Sunshine maybe... I didn't like Eternal Sunshine at all... people say that that is a deep meaningful movie... I personally don't see that... but I find this really deep and meaningful and just a great movie all around. This I know for sure is on Netflix and I think on Amazon Prime also. 

4) Hot Rod- This is such a funny movie. I feel like I can't get tired of this. I think the more I watch this, the more I'll find something I missed or something different thats super funny. I love Andy Samberg I feel like he can do no wrong right now. It's just a fun movie if you want to watch something stupid and laugh. This is on both Netflix and Amazon Prime 

5) Adams Family Values- Ohhhhh my gosh. This movie is so great! I watched it so many times recently. The original Adam's Family movie is really good... but this one is sooooooooo much better. It's awesome. Joan Cusack is super funny in this movie and it's a very different role for her because she's such a bitch in it. And I'm sure she's super nice in real life, but she does it sooo soo well and it just seems like she had a blast doing this role. I love this movie. I know for sure its on Amazon I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or anything... but this is a great movie to watch any time of the year. Just amazing.

6) Goodfellas- I really like this movie. I had to watch this movie for a class about Gangster Films and this was probably my favorite movie we had to watch... other than The Godfather maybe. This is something that I feel like anyone can watch and enjoy. It is very violent and there is a LOT of cursing... but it has really great characters and there are some really cool and different scenes film-wise in this movie. There's this one scene where they play music and they show different bodies of people that they killed in different places and different ways... its really gruesome and dramatic but they do it in such a way thats kind of beautiful and sad and different than most movies... it's just great. You can find this movie on Amazon Prime. 

7) Jawbreaker- I'm pretty sure this is still on HBO Go...  I just saw that it was on HBO a few days ago. I thought this movie was really great. It's like a very dark version of Mean Girls and it was just really great. There are a lot of plot holes in this movie and people try to pick at it a little too much... I wouldn't overthink the movie. It's like Hot Rod, just watch it and enjoy it.

8) Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog- This is really great. It's a really short movie too, when I first watched it I watched it 3 times in the same day and I watched it like every day since then. This is available pretty much everywhere. Netflix, Amazon (I think at least) it's probably on youtube still... Really easy to find. It's a short movie so it's easy to watch, you'll get sucked in. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll make you feel all the feels and sing all the songs.

9) Blue Valentine- I just talked about this... but I really enjoyed this movie. Again I feel like it was beautiful meaningful, sad and you can just really really relate to these characters. Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams did a fantastic job. They improvised a lot of the love scenes, they lived in a house together for a month or so... maybe more and they learned to pick fights and stuff like that... so they really lived this movie and it really shows. They did an incredible job and it was a great movie. This is on Netflix 

10) Zoolander- An oldie but a goodie. If you haven't seen this movie by now... where have you been. Its great. Funny, stupid, entertaining. Ben Stiller's whole family is in this movie. His wife, his kid (I think) , his mom and dad... everyone. Really funny. Really great.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f