Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: The Fame Monster

So... one album of Gaga's that I use to really love... but now I have to say I'm slightly disappointed in is The Fame Monster. I'm not disappointed in it... I just think I liked it less than I realized.

Two of the songs on this are very skippable... and I still like them more than a lot of songs by different singers... I can still listen  to them and like it. Those songs are "So Happy I could Die" and "Dance in The Dark." They aren't bad songs... but they're ones I just don't prefer listening to. Not sure why really... just not my things.

So with those 2 being "skippable" there is also another song that I really liked at the time... but now I'm like "meh..." and that is Monster. I feel like if I'm ever super angry about a guy or something- I'll listen to this... but now I'm not particularly angry at anyone and I'm just like.... "ehhh... it's okay."

The only reason I think I'm so critical of these songs is because every other song on this cd is just sooo great and so iconic. As much as I love every song on The Fame and I think those videos were awesome and different than anything that has been released previously... The Bad Romance video was a whole different Gaga entirely... and that is just awesome. Her outfits in that video... the shoes... everything was just sooo soo gorgeous and iconic. The fashion, the shoes... I still remember it all to this day... and I haven't seen the video in years. It might be my favorite Gaga video... not sure. I really love the Applause video too... ohhh and Telephone... so yeah it's one of my favorites of all time... but maybe not my total favorite.

And since I mentioned Telephone... can we just talk about this for a second and appreciate that there is a song with both Lady Gaga and Beyonce out there... I don't think it gets better than that. And I think this is one of my favorite songs because of that. It's just sooo good. I forgot that this song existed and then I heard it... and it was amazing. This might be my favorite lady gaga song ever... it's just really great. Just listen to it and jam. I had a little dance party when I rediscovered it... it was pretty awesome!

And Alejandro is really awesome. Love this video too... not as much as the other videos- but Lady Gaga looked great in it. With the brown hair and everything. It's a great video... super pretty and just a fun song. Not my favorite... but it's up there. She played that at the concert and it was a really great performance.

I didn't really mean to go over each song... but since I already sort of did... I'll just give brief thoughts on Teeth and Speechless. Teeth is so underrated. It was never a single... but it should have been probably. It's so catchy and one of my favorites. Speechless is awesome too... I don't think I like it as much as I did when it first came out. Of all the kind of "softer" gaga songs... I think it's my least favorite. But I still really love it.

So yes- this is still one of my favorites and if you haven't heard it yet.... wuttt? Listen to it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...