Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: Erin Hayes Fired from Kevin Can Wait, Colourpop Comes To Sephora, and More

Sooo I have a lot of news related stories that I have kind of strong opinions on right now... so I wanted to kind of talk about them.

Let's start with the one thing that has just been upsetting me so much this week... and that is that Erin Hayes was fired from Kevin Can Wait and is going to be replaced with Leah Remini. Reps from the show said that this was not based off of Hayes' performance... they just wanted to add Lea Remini to the show and they couldn't afford to have both her and Erin Hayes on. Erin Hayes said that she was shocked and sad about being fired... but has no resentment towards the cast and crew of Kevin Can Wait... she had a fun time with it and she was very mature. They also said that they are not trying to re-create The King of Queens by adding Remini to the show. Kevin Can Wait is still it's own thing... they're just re-tooling it... and they just happen to be keeping all of the people from The King of Queens on the show.

Ohhh and how are they handling the absence of Erin Hayes? They're killing her off... yeah. So season 2 will take place after her passing and it will be Kevin trying to move on.

So while I don't love Kevin Can Wait to begin with... I'm a fan of Erin Hayes. She's done a lot of guest spots on different shows, she's been on @Midnight on Comedy Bang Bang and she was on Parks and Recreation. She played the writer of Boosh, the snobby hipster blog that featured Ron Swanson's chair... she's one of my favorites. And I really loved that she had this show, she was soooo funny in it no matter how... un-charming... Kevin Smith can be. She's really good and I'm mad that she got fired. She made the show kind of bearable.

So that was kind of a bummer... but now the whole "concept" of the show is kind of changed. It was about a man with a wife and kids that was retired from the Police force... now it seems that he's back on the force and he's dating his partner- that hated him on her appearance last season... it's just a "shake up" that kind of makes the show totally different and I just don't think it'll work. I liked The King of Queens a lot... I'm usually pro- Kevin James... I find the misogyny in his movies and Adam Sandler's movies problematic... but I don't think I'd go so far as to say he's a misogynist... but I can't with this! That just sucks.

And it isn't like this is the best show in the world... I would usually maybe put it on for my grandmother... but I'm not watching it at all now. That just sucks. My family is all pretty upset about this... for no real reason even because we don't even really watch the show. Lol.

Some more TV News, ABC did put out a statement saying that they didn't cancel Tim Allen's show because of Politics... which was obvious in my opinion. I checked the facebook things and everyone was saying "I'M SO UPSET ABOUT THIS! I DIDN'T WATCH THE SHOW BUT IT WAS CLEARLY BECAUSE OF TRUMP!"... which is kind of exaggerating only in the fact that I used caps locks... people were actually saying "I didn't watch the show" while questioning why the show was cancelled. Tim Allen was actually getting paid a lot of money for the show... and although the ratings were high... they were never that high and ABC didn't produce the show... which can get expensive. The Mindy Project is another show that wasn't produced by the network that it aired on- so Fox had to pull it from the schedule because while it got Critical Praise... it didn't get the ratings they needed and it had an ensemble cast that can get relatively expensive. So keep that in mind. If they wanted to keep the show and get rid of the politics... they would probably get Tim Allen off the show and replace him with a less opinionated celebrity- Ray Ramono maybe? And they would just continue the show without any mention of politics being part of the plot point of the show. They wouldn't just cancel a show for politics... so yeah. Not the best show... but it's entertaining enough. It's on in syndication now and on Netflix if you really want to check it out... but there are probably funnier shows you could watch.

In sad news... Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have announced a separation. Which SUCKS! I loved them as a couple... I'm happy that they are working things so that they can co-parent their sons and... idk. I feel like all of my favorite Celebrity Couples split up... but it happens. It's hard for Celebrities to split up... and regular people... but it happens and its part of life. I'm sure another celebrity couple will break up soon... usually it happens in groups so that there isn't so much attention on the couple.

In happy news Colourpop is coming to Sephora!!!! Which was an unexpected amazing surprise. The only thing I'm skeptical about is that Colourpop has trouble keeping things in stock... so idk how they'll be able to keep up their own stock and Sephora's. Its only going to be in store at select Sephora's for now. They aren't increasing the prices. There are going to be Sephora Exclusives... what I'M guessing... don't quote me on this because I have no inside info... I'm guessing there will be more value sets where you can get $30+ worth of product in a set... that sounds like it'll fit in sephora pretty well. But it makes sense... Sephora probably wants to include more affordable and trendy brands. In the "fancy" mall near me they have a Sephora and an Ulta... and on Friday Nights you'll see a lot of teenage girls going to both stores... but it looked like more were actually BUYING from Ulta... so it makes sense for a trendy, youthful, affordable brand. Also I just LOVE Colourpop... so this is extremely exciting new for me. It is an affordable brand that I would say performs better than High End in a lot of ways... their Liquid Lipsticks are my favorite.

So that is it! Hope you guys enjoy this! It's a little ranty... but I am in a good mood... just things upset me.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f