Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: 2017 Fall Preview Wrap Up- What I'm excited about... What I think Stinks!

So there are only a few TV shows I have really strong opinions about coming soon... but let's just get into it.

There are 2 comedy shows on CBS I'm pretty excited about. The first is Me, Myself and I. I think they have a good cast for that, I like Bobby Moynahan and John Laraquette a lot... I like the idea of showing a little bit of this guys life at a time. I'm hoping it will end up being like Life in Pieces... which is my favorite show on CBS... and I think just my favorite show in general. It's a unique concept, the trailers do a great job of explaining what the show is about... it just looks like it'll be an interesting one!

The other one I'm really excited about: Young Sheldon. I'm not the biggest fan of The Big Bang Theory anymore... but I love that after all these years, there is still more story to tell and this looks like a good one. It's the story of Sheldon when he was a kid... the actor playing Young Sheldon looks like he has the voice and mannerisms down pat! It's also a little bit nostalgic because it's a little like Malcom in the middle... I definitely feel like there are vibes from older shows in this... it looks like a really fun concept! Even my dad thinks it looks good... and my dad doesn't really like anything... so that's a good sign lol.

The comedy on CBS I'm not excited about is 9JKL... they are doing a horrible job explaining exactly what the show is about. It seems like a guy is the landlord of a building and his parents live there... on IMDB there isn't a strong description either... but its a time in Mark Feurstone's life where he lived in between his parents and his brother and sister in law and their new baby... idk if it's based on his real life story or not... idk if he created the show... that's all IMDB says... so that's not the best sign. The cast is pretty promising... but the show itself has been done before and gotten cancelled before... and there have been better sounding versions of it... so this is likely going to be cancelled... I mean Superior Donuts is still on... so who knows- anything is possible... but I'm not going to watch it.

The most bizarre sounding show I think I've ever heard is Wisdom of The Crowd... first bad sign: Do you think of a crime show when you hear the words "Wisdom of The Crowd?" No... It's basically Jeremy Piven who is somehow in charge of this crowd-sourced crime solver things... I need to watch the first episode because this sounds so horrible I need to let people know this existed at one point. It just seems like someone's stepdad with little to know knowledge of computers wrote this and for whatever reason someone thought "yeah that might work." And then went with it. This was also something that was kind of a problem a few years ago. There was an app or something when Serial was popular where you could solve actual crimes... and I think I heard a couple late night talk shows tearing it apart because it sounds like nothing can go right with that. Maybe this will totally work somehow... but no. This hasn't been done before on tv... which is a good thing... but I bet this will be as popular as the "People are winning the lottery and then their lives are terrible." tv theme that happens every few years and gets cancelled every few years.

Let's shift back to something I don't know about... I don't think The Good Doctor will do that well... maybe it'll be amazing... not sure... but to me it looks heartwarming... but maybe a little out of touch. I don't see this being carried on as a TV show... I could see it as a movie- I think the pilot will be good... I'm not that into medical shows I was a fan of Freddie Highmore as a kid... I wasn't that into Bates Motel... I kind of want to watch it again... but idk. I feel like this is too soon after that ended and I think this will end up surprising people... but not in a good way. Maybe I'm wrong... it's not looking that great to me.

I kind of feel the same with The Gospel of Kevin or Kevin (probably) saves the world. It looks like they've changed the name- I swear it was The Gospel of Kevin when I saw the trailer... but on IMDB it's Kevin (probably) saves the world... I can see reasons for ditching either title too... so I can't even say for sure which one they changed. The preview looked really good... but it looked expensive and I don't think people are going to be super into the relgious-ish aspects of this show... the name doesn't really roll off the tongue... as good as I think it looked... I don't think it's going to work. Plus... there's already a tv show with a Kevin... so they shouldn't have put Kevin in the title. I feel like that can make or break this show.

Now let's get to an ABC show I am pretty excited about: The Mayor. Daveed Diggs is producing this show, Lea Michelle is in it... Idk if it's going to be that good... but I think it's got good people, catchy name... it's on after Blackish, which is a good timeslot for it to be on... and it's good pairing of shows because Daveed Diggs is on Blackish often... I think this will be a funny one. I'm excited for it.

I don't think NBC has many new shows... but they do have one new-ish show that I am particularly excited about: The Will and Grace Revival! It has already been picked up for a second season also... I really think NBC has something going here with the Must See TV comeback. The Will and Grace revival along with Great News and This is Us... it's just a good night for tv and I'm most excited about Thursday Nights on NBC.

I think that's everything I want to talk about... What are you guys excited or un-excited for? Let me know!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f