Skip to main content

Some Throwback Favorites+ Why I might not be posting a lot next week!

Sooooo... here are some of my current throwback favorites... I'll explain why I may or may not be MIA this week at the end of the post... but yeah.

First and foremost- what I'm snacking on right now: Polly O String Cheese. These are great. Costco had a big bag for $7 and my mom picked them up and they are amazing. I just found out there are people that just bite them instead of pulling the string cheese... that's wrong. I'm sorry- if you do that we can still be friends... but that's just wrong. Lol. Just kidding! but... it's wrong.

Secondly Jack's Mannequin Everything in Transit... Loveee this cd. I just listened to it in full last night... it still gets me. It's one of my absolute favorites. I just kind of heard this band at Bamboozle and thought they sounded pretty good... so I bought this CD and it's one of my favorites! Glad I check out bands on a whim sometimes!

And Lady Gaga... Mostly I've been listening to The Fame and The Fame Monster... great cds. I haven't done a Throwback on The Fame Monster yet... but I did with The Fame. The Fame Monster is great though- it has Telephone... which is one of my absolute favorites!

I have 2 TV Favorites also. First off The Drew Carey Show... this show is kind of stupid but I kind of love it. The episodes with Kate especially are my favorite... I just love that actress. She's so funny and she's in a lot of shows I don't love... but I love her in them. Scrubs isn't my favorite, Cougartown not my favorite... but she's someone I'll watch in a lot of different shows. She's so sarcastic and great.

And my second is Will and Grace... I cannot stress enough how much I wanted to be Karen when I was little... and I feel like I'm so close to actually being Karen... I just need a rich husband... lol. I'm pretty proud of myself. I haven't done an official Throwback Thursday on this yet because I want to watch the whole series through from the beginning... and that is extremely difficult to do because you can't really get it on DVD anymore. I know my sister has the first season... I'm sure they'll release them on Blu Ray or re-release it in some sort of cheaper set (compared to what box sets used to cost) because I really want to own it... this is another show I'll never really get tired of...and I'm thinking with the new series it will be more readily available somehow. I know people love Gilmore Girls and were so excited for that to be on Netflix... this is all I want. But I want it on DVD... so make that happen please!

I think that's everything I have to mention here... so now onto why I won't be blogging a lot next week most likely.

I kind of like these blogs to be a little more spontaneous- I'm not opposed to pre-writing if I have something good to post... but it isn't my favorite thing to do. I'm also trying to figure out what time I want to schedule posts... I'm not sure the 2am posts are really working for me... I might do in the morning at some point... I'm not really sure.

I also am seeing Lady Gaga Monday and Tuesday I will kind of be recovering from that... The rest of the week I'll probably be going back into my actual bedroom because my furniture will be back in there... so that I'm going to try to do quickly... but I'm not quite sure how that will go... once I get into my new room- I hope to be a little more creative and write a little bit more... I have a really nice desk now... and it's just going to be a good little area for me to chill and have some fun... so that should be good.

So that's why I may or may not be back next week.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f