Skip to main content

Favorite Things To Do: Disney's Hollywood Studios

So... It's been a long time since I've been to Disney... but I still thought I would talk about some of my favorite things to do at the parks... a LOT of these things aren't available to do anymore... or I'm not sure if they are or not... I just kind of wanted to talk about some of my favorite things to do there... so I'm going to. I just watched a vlog about Hollywood Studios- so that is kind of where I'm getting the idea for this.

I don't think there was really a whole lot for me to do at Hollywood Studios as a kid... it was MGM Studios back then... I didn't want to go on Rock n Roller Coaster, I didn't go on Tower of Terror until I was in High School... I think I only went on The Great Movie Ride once as a kid and once in high school... so I'm not really sure what I did in this park to be honest. I think maybe we went to Hollywood Studios the day that we stayed at the hotels... I always remember it fondly because I do really love movies... but idk- not really sure what I did. My family weren't too into the shows... so yeah. Lol. Great blog to start out with! Lol.

So the one time I did do Tower of Terror- I absolutely loved it. It's one of the best rides in all of Disney World. The height and thrill aspect never scared me- but it freaked me out a lot as a kid because it was about ghosts... I did really like waiting outside of the ride with my mom and grandmother when my dad, grandfather and sister went on it. It was just kind of cool to be near the spooky building without actually going in. I also LOVED the made for TV Tower of Terror at the time- which they filmed there! I'm not totally sure if I ever went in the gift shop as a kid... I'd imagine I did because I have a pin for Tower of Terror and I remember the shirts... I don't totally remember... but I liked that.

Another thing that I don't think was there when I was a kid, but it was there when I went in High School and it was my favorite... the Villains store! I just thought it was really cool that they had a whole store with all villains merchandise and Jack Skellington. I remember I got a Jack Skellington Hoodie Vest and a button with the Queen of Hearts on it that says "Off With Your Head" when you press it. It was a really cool store!

And my last favorite thing as an adult... the Pixar area! The Toy Story Midway Mania ride is so much fun! I think I actually ended up winning against my friend... so that was kind of cool. I'm not good at the Buzz Lightyear ride- so I was kind of surprised and I thought that was pretty awesome. The Queue is really nice too- they have a Mr. Potato Head Animatronic that's a lot of fun.

One that I think I went to as a kid and as a grown up... maybe? Maybe I didn't go as a kid... but it was a fun place to eat in High School... the Backlot Cafe restaurant. I was with a big group of friends in high school... so that was kind of great for sitting in a big group! I just had the chicken fingers... it was nothing special... but it was kind of cool and it was on our dining plan... so that was good.

I like the Rock n Roller Coaster gift shop a lot too... it's just kind of cool- they do a good job of actually having Rock n Roller Coaster stuff in there... so that's pretty cool.

Anyway now onto "the real stuff" which I guess is my childhood memories... which is funny because a lot of them aren't there or are probably going away in the near future... but yeah.

The Muppets 3D is my favorite thing to do at Hollywood Studios I think. It might not be the best use of the muppets... they could probably update it... but it's still a good show and I just really love The Muppets and I love that they're in the theme parks. I'm happy they've brought them into The Magic Kingdom and Epcot has a show with the Muppets too now. There's a rumor of a Muppet show similar to the history show at The Magic Kingdom... but with Star Wars. I think that's an awesome idea... it seems like the perfect way to kind of poke fun at themselves and also to kind of make it somewhere good to transition from the rest of the theme park to the Star Wars area. But yeah... that's probably my 2nd favorite thing to do at the Park because I loveeee Muppets! I'll wait till the end to talk about my favorite thing to do... it's probably easy to guess... but my second favorite is probably Muppets.

I don't know if it's still there or not, but when I was little there was a thing you could do where you got your face on other iconic pictures or something kind of funny. I know a lot of people do this in Disney, I don't know if the store is still open or not... but it's a lot of fun. I have a picture of me as Princess Leia, my sister has one as Marilyn Monroe... they put my grandparents in a Motorcycle outfit... it was really funny and just a fun way to pass a little bit of time. Plus a fun souvenir... so that's one of my favorite things to do.

There isn't a lot of super memorable food at Hollywood Studios... but it's always a good place to enjoy a Mickey Bar or a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich... I've heard the Milkshakes at the Primetime Cafe are really good... but I've never been there that I can remember. So... yeah.

Now for my favorite thing to do... which is probably my favorite thing to do anywhere in Disney... Fantasmic! I just really love the whole show... the story is really special and it's just so fun to watch and it always feels inspiring. I just watched a vlog on Fantasmick from This Orlando Life and it still felt like the first time I was watching it as a kid! I just watched a video on the secrets of Fantasmick too... and it's amazing how many things they improvise so that the show never goes wrong. That is pretty cool. I feel like the Disneyland version is cooler in some ways because of the giant dragon... but at the same time- I really like that Disney World has Steamboat Willie as the boat all the characters come out on at the end... I think that's cute... and really meaningful.

That is it! Hope you guys like this- I'm sure I'll do some more of these because I like talking about Disney World... and my favorite things might not be there anymore and they might be a little bit different than they were before... so that's cool... but either way- I just wanted to do this blog and talk about some of my favorites.

Byee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f