Skip to main content

Chart Chat: 6.12.17

10) Everything, Everything- This has been doing well on the charts for the last 4 weeks. Well... not that well... but it's been holding it's place on the lower end of the charts... it looks a little sad... not critically acclaimed... nothing that I'd really want to see... but it looked good enough and yeah. If you read the book... maybe see this movie this week.

9) Alien: Covenant- This has been on the charts longer than I wanted it to be as well... I believe this had underwhelming numbers at The Box Office... so that was kind of a bummer... but if you're into the Alien franchise... this is the next chapter I guess.

8) Megan Leavey- This looks like a good story... but the movie didn't look all that amazing to me. It does look very unique because I think it's supposed to be a War Movie and a Dog Movie... I don't like watching War Movies all that much. It's important we have them for historic reasons... but they always make me nervous. And with the dog in it... that might make me especially nervous.

7) Baywatch- The worst reviewed movie of the year I believe... I wanted this movie to be good because I really like Zac Effron. I think he's funny and he's talented and he is a lot of fun to see on the big screen... but he's had some flops in the past... and that just makes me sad because he's wayyy too talented for that. I haven't seen many of these movies... I read Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates and I think that's not a book or movie meant for me... lol. It's bad... not just inappropriate bad... but like... BAD. Anyway... maybe I'll give that movie a chance... maybe I'll give this one a chance... but yeah. Those are my thoughts.

6) It Comes at Night- This looked scary... but not something I'm that interested in. It's very rural... kind of got a survivalist vibe... not my type of movie.

5) Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 2- I need to see this still. Hopefully I can see it this week maybe... I love Guardians of The Galaxy... it's the only Marvel movie that I really like... and this one just looks like a lot of fun!

4) Pirates of The Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales- The Pirates Movies are lots of fun despite not always being excellent. The first one was great... the second one is my personal favorite. The third one was kind of boring... the fourth one was sort of all over the place and it could have been 2 different movies... and I'm hearing mixed things about this one. I think some people said it was as fun as the original... some people said meh... Either way... Johnny Depp is great as Jack Sparrow. I'm happy to see Orlando Bloom back in this one... he's another actor I think is underrated. It's a good franchise and I'm sure you'll have fun at this movie.

3) Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie- This was the big movie of the week last week... and honestly I want to see it. I think the animation looks great- it's getting great reviews. Nick Kroll as Professor Poopypants looks hilarious... it just looks like a fun movie. I feel like this will be overshadowed by Cars 3 next week... but it looks good to me. I would see it!

2) The Mummy- Not sure how I feel about this one. I love the Brendon Frasier Mummy Movies... I'm sure I'd love the classic Mummy movies... and I know this is getting terrible reviews, but Tom Cruise is a great actor. I know they weren't expecting this movie to do very well in the US because the US isn't as big a fan of Tom Cruise as the worldwide audience... but I think he's really talented and I'd like to see him in more movies.

1) Wonder Woman- The surprise hit of the summer... to me at least. I didn't think this movie looked good- I thought the trailers focused to much on the male character of the movie... but it's still getting mostly good reviews- people are excited that the DC movies are back on track- in time for Justice League- which is good. I'm sure it's an excellent movie and a feminist-y movie and I'll probably see it eventually... but right now I'm more interested in Guardians of The Galaxy, Pirates, Captain Underpants and what I'm predicting will be the number 1 movie next week... Cars 3... so that is that.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f