Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Every Netflix Original Series I've seen RANKED!

Netflix Original Series: Ranked! 

Okay… this is going to be tough and I’ll probably get back to you on this one… but I have to do it! I’m going to rank everything I’ve watched on Netflix and let you know what to watch- what to avoid… if anything cause I kind of like it all… and what I like the best out of all of these… The only thing I will not be mentioning is Arrested Development because that would be kind of unfair for me to do to the other shows… I have an emotional attachment to Arrested Development… the season that was on Netflix maybe wasn’t as amazing as Unbreakable Kimmy Schmiddt or something… but it still means more to me than any other show… so I’ll do a whole post on Arrested Development… maybe I’ll do a series of posts on that show… but I can’t really include it on this list. I’m too biased lol. 

So this will only include shows that I’ve seen at least a full season of so far… so here are the shows! 

1) 13 Reasons Why 
2) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmiddt 
3) Bojack Horseman 
4) Master Of None 
5) A Series of Unfortunate Events 
6) Orange is The New Black 
7) The Santa Clarita Diet 
8) Grace and Frankie 
9)Wet Hot American Summer First Day of Camp 
10) Easy 
11)Girlboss 

11) Easy- Easy is at the bottom of the list… it wasn’t a terrible show but it was an anthology series so there are some episodes you’ll relate to and some you just don’t! I have a full review on it… there weren't that many super entertaining episodes… but it was interesting enough to keep me watching and I finished the whole season! 

10) Grace and Frankie- This is second to last on my list… just because it’s not what I’m the most excited about when it comes back… I love watching it… but it takes me a while to really get into watching it. And this past season just wasn’t my favorite ever… idk I was excited for the main story being this business venture between Grace and Frankie and I just didn’t love how they ended up doing that… I probably would have put it above my next choice had it not been for this current season. 

9) The Santa Clarita Diet- This kind of has an unfair advantage over Grace and Frankie because this is a newer show… it hasn’t had as much time to mess up… it might be a little different after the next few seasons… but right now I like this show a lot and I know I’ll be watching Season 2 right when it comes out and I’ll probably finish it in a day like how I finished this one. It’s a suspenseful show and it gets you hooked… it’s a little silly and I thought they could have gone in better directions than they did with the show… but I really liked it and I’m excited to see where it goes! 

8) Bojack Horseman- Last year this probably would have been number 2 on the list… but after thinking about it more… it takes me a really long time to actually be like “Okay I’m going to bingewatch the new season of Bojack Horseman!” And it’s kind of because it’s a little bit hard to watch too… it is more funny than it is depressing… but it is very depressing and you just think “Wow… this is sad!” So… that makes it a bit lower on the list. 

7) Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp- This is one that maybe also shouldn’t be on the list… but I’m including it anyway because it really was perfect at what it was. It explained everything that happened before the events of the movie. The movie was the last day of camp and this was the first day… so you could see how different characters got to where they were and it just made them crazier than they were in the original movie already. I was a huge fan of the movie before the series came out and I haven’t watched the movie or the series since… but it added to it rather than making it worse or cheapening it… so it really was perfect for what it was! I don’t think Wet Hot American Summer ever had a prequel planned for it… I don’t think it ever needed a prequel… but they really did it right! And the fact that it was perfect for what it was really just makes this great. It’s not higher on the list because I don’t totally remember it all and I haven’t watched it since it originally aired… but it is still really great and worth checking out. Hidden gem of Netflix for sure! 


6) Orange is The New Black- This was one of the first Netflix shows… and this was one of the first really really good ones where it’s like “Wow… netflix is better than TV!” And I still really love it…but there have been some huge duds of the show and there have been some seasons or some episodes where it just felt like watching it bothered me… It’s still had more hits than misses and I think it’s going in such an interesting direction… I’m excited for the new season coming soon… but at the same time… I don’t want to watch it without a character that isn’t going to be on it… I really liked that character and I think it’s not going to be as fun without her. 

5) Master of None- This probably would have been lower on the list had I not just watched the second season… and where a lot of other Netflix shows aren’t quite as good in their second season… the second season of Master of None was wayyyy better! And they took their time making it too… which I thought paid off really well… it was just a really beautiful and unique season. This show is way different than any of the shows on the list too. There was one episode where we barely saw any of the characters that we’re familiar with. It just worked really well. 

This is one I bingewatched and now I kind of wish I hadn’t. I want to kind of take my time after the new season of Kimmy Schmidt and re-watch this just an episode or 2 a day so that I can appreciate it a little more… I might try that with some of these other shows too. 

4) A Series of Unfortunate Events- I was kind of excited about this one and then I was sort of like “Ehhh it’s kind of a kids show… maybe I shouldn’t watch it.” And then I was like “ehhh… watch it anyway! There’s nothing else to do!” And it was just really good. It was funny, it was dark… it did what the movie did right and then it perfected it so that it was even better… this is just one of the best things on Netflix for sure… any age would like this… I’m really looking forward to season 2. 

3) Girlboss - I’ve never read the book Girlboss… but I was looking forward to this since I found out that they were making a tv show of it… and I really ended up liking it a lot. The characters were all really funny and I loved that it took place in San Fransisco which just seems like such an interesting place for me… I just really liked this one! 

2) 13 Reasons Why- I didn’t think this would be so high on my  list… but then I kind of thought about it more and I was like “Yeah… I’m probably the most excited about the next season of this show.” It was a little bit predictable in my opinion… but it was still really great. There were a lot of details that you can miss the first time watching it… and I just really think this is one I could watch again and again and really like. It was perfect for netflix just based on the opening lines alone… and I just thought it was good overall! 

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- I’m so excited about this show! The new season is out in a couple of days… and I’m so excited for it. This is one of the funniest shows ever… one of my favorite shows ever… and now that Great News is on and whenever I see a repeat of 30 Rock… I want to watch this one. It’s weird and funny and just really different than any other show… so I love it! 


So… that is everything! Hope you guys like this and found it useful… I still haven’t seen all of Stranger Things… so that’s why Stranger Things isn’t on the list… but I loved that too… and I’m excited to re-watch it and yeah! Good stuff! 

Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f