Skip to main content

Scribbles About Movies: Get Out Review

This was a movie I was really looking forward to seeing... but I knew I probably wouldn't see it in theaters. I don't see a lot of movies- no one I really know likes Thrillers or Horror Movies... so I knew I had to see this eventually and when I got it on Blu Ray... I watched it right away! And it did not disappoint.

I felt like I would be a little bit spoiled by this movie because the trailer did reveal kind of a lot about the plot of the film... and that it would be a little bit predictable... but honestly I was pretty surprised and there were some twists and turns that I thought were really good. It was the perfect thriller movie in my opinion and it might be one of the best movies I've ever seen... it was really, really good.

It was really a well-paced movie. It definitely eases you into a lot of the themes. At first when Rose and Chris are together it just seems really cute and innocent... and then you get to the house- and it's a little bit weird but... it didn't seem totally sinister. Rose's dad seems like a nice enough guy, her mom and brother seemed pretty creepy... but you wouldn't think "Ohhh they're going to do something really really weird and messed up." It's just something you wouldn't see coming at all. It was crazy.

There was a lot of foreshadowing... really all throughout the movie... I thought I caught everything in the beginning that would be part of that... like for example... slight spoiler here... when Rose's Dad shows Chris the kitchen and he says "We keep a little piece of my mother here." I was like "Ohhh... he means he literally has a little piece of his mother here." I just didn't know how. And there were so many other things that happened that you thought were just one thing... but it turned out to be something entirely different. If one character does something that you trust them for... just wait for a little bit in the movie and you won't feel that way anymore... it's very deceptive and strange.

And a lot of the visuals of the movie are very powerful too.

This scene... was just very powerful and disturbing. If you look at Jordan Peele's instagram- he posts a ton of fan artwork... mostly it's different interpretations of this particular image and the tea cup... it's definitely cool to see that.

The story of how this movie came to be is pretty cool too... Jordan Peele basically wrote it for himself after hearing an Eddie Murphy sketch. When he wrote it- it didn't feel like the right time to release the movie or to make it... so he just held onto it... and then he kind of knew when it was right... and he even changed the ending to a tone that he thought people deserved more... I would definitely recommend checking out the blu-ray because there is an alternate ending... and it is still very good. The Alternate ending is what I thought was going to happen when I watched it... so I preferred the version that they went with in the movie... it was just really good.

For Jordan Peele's directorial debut... this is phenomenal! It is quite honestly one of the best movies I've seen in a long time and I'm really happy for Jordan Peele based on the movie's success. I hope he continues writing thrillers and comedies because he is really really talented... and I didn't listen to the full Commentary on the movie... I'm probably going to do that tonight though...but everything he did with this movie had a lot of thought behind it... everything has some sort of symbolism and deep meaning. It's just really great.

I would definitely recommend checking this movie out... if you have a film class and you need to write a paper on anything... there is SO MUCH you could do with this particular movie. I highly recommend it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f