Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 1

Whenever I was watching a new Netflix show- I would always kind of compare it to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's first season and see how it stacked up to that... to my surprise... I don't even think this season is my favorite anymore! Maybe I've just seen it so many times... but I don't know... I just think the show has gotten much better since this season and I'm happy about the direction it's gone in. There is always some Pain from Kimmy from the events that happened to her in the Bunker and that carries through each season... but it's present in different ways from the first season... and I kind of love the direction it's gone in... and this season was probably my favorite so far.

Kimmy is a big kid in a grown up world in Season 1... and while she kind of stays the same throughout the show... she is more grown up in Season 3 than at the beginning of the show.

Season 1 always has a special place in my heart because it's just sooo funny. I think Season 3 is a little bit funnier, season 2 was a little bit more of a dark humor... but Season 1 was sort of a dark humor told by the happiest bunny in the universe. So it's very light and positive... while still having the unique humor about what happens after being kidnapped in a bunker for your childhood and all of your adult life.

I like some of the characters that we see mostly in the first season too. We don't see much of Xan or even Donna Maria or Post-Bunker Gretchen in Seasons 2... but they're all in the first season quite a bit and they are really funny characters. We also don't see a ton of Bunker flashbacks in season 2 or 3... but I think we get them in every episode in season 1. That really tells us a lot about how hopeful Kimmy was. She was always trying to find a way out and trying to look for the positive... and that's the Kimmy that we see a lot of in Season 1... and season 3 we kind of see that more positive Kimmy too.

I also really like the actor that plays Logan... I'm really happy that he's on the show Great News now. I liked the episode with Kimmy's stepdad and her half sister... that was pretty funny... and I liked seeing everything for the first time. It was just a really fun world to be introduced to and this was a great little introduction!

So that's my review on the First Season... hope you guys like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f