Skip to main content

Scribbles about TV: New show reviews+ Final season reviews

I'm going to do another "what I watched this week... but there are lots of new shows I'd like to review, plus the beginning of the final seasons of both Parks and Rec and Kroll show... so I'd like to talk about those also.

Togetherness 

I'm a big fan of the Duplass brothers, so I was going to watch the show just because they're the creators and directors and Mark Duplass stars in it... so I was excited about that. To be honest though, if the Duplass brothers had nothing to do with this series, I probably wouldn't watch it because its something that seems familiar and sad and the previews looked good but also sad. And it is a little sad, but mostly I think this show is really funny and really good overall. I was pleasantly surprised. 

Mark Duplass plays a family man, he and his wife just had a baby and are now going through some problems and they both still do love each other... but they do have a lot of problems. That sounds really sad, but they deal with the problems in such a funny way that I don't really want to explain... but its good and really funny. 

And then his (Mark Duplass) friend gets evicted from his house and has to move in with them, and the wife's sister goes crazy after some guy and gets dumped and decides to also move in with them. So there are all these people now and they have to join together and its really funny when they do. Amanda Peet is also in this and she is really funny and really good. I really like Amanda Peet, but I feel like I haven't seen her in anything that good. In this she's really funny and really good. I also love the woman that plays Mark Duplass's wife. I know I've seen her before but I'm not sure where or what her name is. She's funny though and its not just your regular show about a guy with an annoying bitchy wife who's a relatively unfunny character. She actually has depth and character to her... which is rare but it really really make this show great. I love the female characters in this show more than in most shows, so that is a good thing. 

Parks and Rec 

I love Parks and Rec, so its no surprise that I was excited for the premier of the final season... even though I'm sad I'm glad this is ending on a high note... and since it seems I can watch new episodes of Arrested Development and Community for forever, I'm okay with my 2nd favorite show ending. And it began its last season with 2 amazing AMAZING episodes. And they did bring back the one character I really wanted to bring back: Councilman Jam! I'm so happy and the way that they did it was just sooo good. I really liked that episode as a whole, it may be one of my favorites. I just loved everything about this.

Also 2 of my friends recently started watching this show and said how amazing it was. HELLO? I've been saying its the best show on television since the Pilot! WHY YOU NO LISTEN! Lol. I'm seriously going to have to force people to like the things that I like because really it is for their own good. Lol. Its what Leslie would do. 

Kroll Show 

I really like this show and I kind of forgot what happened in the previous seasons and I feel like I need to rewatch every episode again because this show is AMAZING! I feel like I appreciate it more now because I did improv and I appreciate a lot of comedies in general more now because I'm more into improv and I can kind of tell when people are improvising in shows. Nick Kroll's characters are all really funny and just everything about this show is awesome. And the little clips with the writers and costars made me laugh too. Especially the guy that said he was bullied and that his bully had a lisp and he died. And then he and Nick Kroll just started laughing out loud... it was just funny. This is a show you should check out! 

Man Seeking Woman 

This is an interesting show. I don't think its for everyone... like I don't think my mom would like it, but I love the daring fantastical reality centered universe of this show. Its actually based off of a book of short stories... I have a feeling I'm obsessed with the world of this show already. There are trolls and hitler fakes his death... and its just really funny soooo over the top and just really funny. I'm excited about what it has in store for us too. Eric Andre is really good and Jay Barachel is funny... really great.

Also I wonder who played Barack Obama. I wonder if it was Jordan Peel.

Funny show overall.

Soooo... yeah I'm quite impressed with these new comedies. Even after Parks and Rec and Kroll show are done, there are at least two shows I approve of. I'll have a What I watched this week posted soon also!

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f