Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened this Week (Week of 1/11/156) )

1) The Golden Globes- The Golden Globes aired on Sunday. It was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's last time hosting, hopefully they will move on to hosting other shows because they're awesome. Gina Rodregez from Jane The Virgin won, Michael Keaton won, JK Simmons, Amy Adams, the guy that played Stephen Hawking, Julianne Moore, The Affair, Transparent and Jeffrey Tambor won a lot. Lots of good things... Chrissy Teagen looked Hungry in a meme and JLo's dress hugged her boobs and showed a nip and Jeremy Renner just looked at it in an obvious way. Lol.

2) The CW Renews Jane The Virgin and other shows- So this was a cool thing. The CW was not doing well with ratings last year and it cancelled a bunch of shows... this year it renewed Jane The Virgin, Arrow, Reign, a lot of shows were picked up. Its a good thing. So yeah thats good. I only really watch Jane The Virgin, I want to watch Reign and The Originals and Maybe The Vampire Diaries... idk. I think Izombie looks good too. Thats good. I'm excited about those.

3) Zooey Deschannel and long-time boyfriend Jacob Pechenik are expecting first child- Of all the celebrity baby news... I feel like this is the most important. Aside from Amy Poehler and Will Arnett and John Krasinski and Emily Blunt... I kind of feel like this is the most important. Lol. I wonder what will happen with New Girl, they'll probably just hide the baby bump, I feel like it'd be bad to write in a pregnancy for Jess right now. But yeah, this is exciting, I'm sure the baby will be adorkable just like its momma. Is that mean to call a fetus a dork? I mean it lovingly, lol. I also want to be Zooey Deschannel... so... Well no. I want to be Tina Fey but I want to look like Zooey Deschannel. Lol.

4) Ben and Jerry's announces Cookie core ice cream flavors- The flavors include Speculous (one of my favorite things) Chocolate cookie, and Peanut Butter Cookie. I'm super excited about the Speculous, I also love any peanut butter ice cream too, so you know I'm going to try that. Ben and Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core Ice cream is completely awesome.

5) Jamie Lynn Spears tries to break up a fight at a pita shop... with a knife?- What the actual hell? Apparently there was a brawl and Zoey 101 was just trying to get herself a Pita and then she gets caught in the middle of a fight. So what does Brittany's little sis do? She wields a f*cking knife! That doesn't surprise me. Idk why, the Spears family seems to be a dangerous bunch... but yeah. I guess it worked and she didn't actually threaten anyone verbally or use the knife, so I guess she got away with it... which seems wrong... but whatever. Celebs get away with a ton of stuff.

6) The Oscars are a total Sausagefest this year- More notable than the actual awards nominations are the snubs... which were a lot this year. No female directors nominated. No female writers for either writing categories. No female movies were nominated for best picture... no women were nominated for best actor or best supporting actor... I guess no woman ever has been... but still. Its a problem. Also The Lego Movie wasn't nominated for Best Animated picture... and only 8 movies were nominated for best picture! I hope that Everything is awesome wins for best song cause that'd be awesome for The Lonely Island to win. Its pretty cool that they're at the ceremony anyway, so it would be awesome if they won. I love that Silicon Valley is nominated for awards because its so cute seeing TJ Miller and Kumail Nanjiani in their tuxes all excited to get on tv. It'd be cute to see The Lonely Island do the same thing!

7) A Couple has a super cute meet-cute- So, this is just kind of a cute story. A girl that was a flower girl at a wedding (when she was little)  and a guy that was a ring bearer as a kid reconnect in high school, date for four years and they just got married! The couple is in college now and they just recently got married and this is how they met. I'm a sucker for things like that that happen... and couples that are together as kids. I just find that really cute. It makes me feel like there really are soulmates.

8) Video of Police Office in Delaware shakes it off and goes viral- This was funny. A police officer in Dover Delaware was dancing and lip syncing to Taylor Swift's Shake it off. He's a big tough looking dude and he knew all the words because his daughter taught him... and his dance was on fleek. I don't know if on fleek can describe things other than eyebrows, but I'm using it here because it was choreographed really well and stuff. Quite nice!

9) Fox announces interest in X Files reboot and more Prison Break- I loved The X Files... but I don't think I want any more of it... I was so excited for the sequel to the movie to come out and when it did... it was by far the worst movie I've ever seen. Such a disappointment. Usually if there is a reboot of something I'll be like "I want the creator and the stars all involved"... this I really don't want them involved because the sequel to the movie was sooo sooo horrible. The last few seasons of the show were basically unwatchable... and its just stupid to bring it back now. It was a phenomenon for 9 years, it had its 2 movies, it thrived in the 90s... just let it die now. Its like when they announced they wanted to make more friends, I'm like "Why? It was on for 10 years... lets make new tv now." That being said, I'll watch it because I think everyone else will... but its not like Arrested Development and Community where I'm like "I know I don't seem thrilled right now, I know I'm going to watch it and I know I'm going to like it." This I know I'm going to watch it, but I don't want to really.

Prison break is a totally different thing to me though. I never watched Prison Break, so I don't really have the same attachment to it that I do with the X Files... but this also ended before its time. I think there's probably more to the story. Prison is hot right now, that I understand. I understand Arrested Development coming back and even 24 coming back because there is more to tell and more needed to happen there. I know 24 didn't end early, but I think when Kiefer Sutherland got arrested that kind of changed some things and it just made sense to bring it back. But yeah, it makes sense.

10) Fox also announces renewals of Gotham, Brooklyn 99, Bob's Burgers, and Empire- I think they announced more renewals too. I think Sleepy Hollow was also renewed. I watch a few Fox shows, so this is a thing for me. I'm sure New Girl will be renewed if it hasn't been already. I'm not sure about Mindy, but I think its pretty safe that it will live another few seasons. There is more story to tell here too, so its better that they just keep it on now rather than having to bring it back in 10 or 20 years. Yeah. I'll be looking forward to NBC's announcements as I think Marry Me is doing okay but not great... so hopefully it will be renewed.

Byeee!
-Shannon









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f