Skip to main content

Scribbles about TV: American Horror Story Freakshow Finale... I spoil EVERYTHING... but you probably could have predicted it!

I'm not quite sure how exactly I feel about everything. I feel like it was either the saddest finale or the happiest finale... or if I'm just pissed that the end of Murder House, Coven and Freakshow are basically the exact same... either way I'm bummed they waited until now to bring back Twisty and Edward Mouldrake... Okay I'll get to that... Right now, lets start with the beginning-ish.

So it starts off with Dandy running the show and everyone is pissed... rightfully so. He's horrible. It makes sense... then for quite some time he just shoots up all the freaks at the show. The only ones that survive are Angela Basset, Jimmy, and Bette and Dot. Bette gets married to Dandy and then the group bands together to kill him.

Then pretty much they just show Hollywood and how Elsa got famous and how she's on top right now and she's the best... and its really really boring and long. Literally like nothing important happens until she says she won't perform on Halloween for obvious reasons. She's married to her manager David Burtka, she has a variety hour. Then they find out how she lost her legs... which P.S They show a clip of again which was useful because they literally NEVER brought it up again after her talks with Edward Mouldrake... and then thats going to destroy her and blah blah blah. Ohhh yeah, and then after they mention that they're going to find out that she was a prostitute a long time ago she says "Yo I'll perform on Halloween. I'm gonna go out with a bang!

I felt like this was a very lazy and expected twist. Everywhere said that at the finale Edward Mouldrake was going to kill someone. It was incredibly predictable. They could have done something more of a twist with Edward. He was my favorite character on AHS and they definitely underused him and it was just BORING when he came back. I would have loved to see more of him and more of Twisty the clown. And when he kills Elsa he's just kind of like "Yo, I knew your life sucked years ago. I remember that. And this is just a suicide so you must be extra sad. I'm gonna kill you." And then Twisty is like "It's gonna hurt" and then Eddy kills Elsa and Elsa dies.

Ohhh but back to another reason why this is lazy writing... Elsa doesn't fight it at all. She's just like "yeah this is bad. this is going to destroy me. I'm just gonna have Eddy take me." And it was just very boring predictable behavior.

Also when she performs on Halloween the other loose ends are tied up with the 4 living freaks. Angela Bassett marries Theo Huxtable, who again they barely mention again since he was on... so thats a thing. And Jimmy is married to Dot (and Bette?) and They are pregnant. And they see Elsa and they're like "David Bowie Againn???? Come on Elsa!" Even though this was before David Bowie was a singer... lol. Ohhhh and Theo Huxtable and Angela Bassett have babies which is a big deal because she thought she couldn't have babies because she thought she was trans... and she isn't. So that is a thing.

Anyways back to Elsa, she dies on stage in that little death clip they showed during the commercials after the first episode. And then she goes somewhere else. Eddy says she doesn't fit in with them. so she goes to her own freakshow where she's reunited with Penny and Paul are married Ma Patite greets her, Ethel greets her and says stars don't have to pay for their sins, you better get up on that stage.

And then she goes to perform and thats it...

So yeah. This wasn't awesome. It wasn't bad. I liked it better than the freakshow finale, but there were so many things they could have sped up and had a little more plot. They could have sped up the massacre of the freakshow, they could have sped up the whole Dandy part... they could have cut out like all the Hollywood stuff because it was so long and had nothing to do with anything. I didn't like Mossimo. The only thing he did was remind me of Axeman... which I didn't really need Elsa's legs were sawed off... that is quite similar.

And here is why I think the finales are a little similar.

Murder House- The family all dies, but they live happily ever after in the Murder House along with everyone else that died at that house. They die and that is where they go.

Coven: Everyone lives out their own version of Hell. It is the worst moment of their life on repeat. Misty gets stuck being bullied for bringing frogs back to life and dissecting it. Fiona has to live with the Axe Man for the rest of their life... that is where they go when they die.

This season they end up at the freak show when they die everything is happy. Thats where they stay. Its just getting a little bit repetitive.

So yeah... thats kind of what I think. My prediction next year? American Horror Story:Gleekshow. They combine the show with Glee and see what happens.

So yeah as much as I loved this season toward the beginning... there wasn't really any pay off.
Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f