Skip to main content

December 2014: It List

Heyyyy guys! This is exciting, my last Monthly It List of the year! I will have a 2014 it list soon and a Christmas It list out... if it isn't out already cause idk when I'm posting these things. Anyway here we go! It List for December!

1) Serial Podcast Spoof- You guys know I love the serial podcast, but I may love the Serial Spoof even more. The guy that does it is absolutely amazing, his Sarah impression is spot on, even though he's a guy and its still like "ohh this is a guys voice" but its still really Sarah-ish. Its so funny He does everything from the mailchimp ads that mispronounce the word "chimp" and everything. Its such a good parody, I can't get over it. I think its called either Serial Spoof or Serial parody. Its on youtube, the person's name is Paul... something idk lol. Look it up its so funny and just all around good stuff.


2) Instant Mom by Nia Vardalos- I love Nia Vardalos, she is the writer and star of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and this is her book about how she adopted her daughter. I've been reading this a lot, I got a personalized copy from Nia, which I believe you can still get for $25, just go to her facebook page and you just need to write her a letter and send her a check. All the money goes to adoption charities and its a good book. Its not just a parenting book, it has stories about her fame and stuff like that also. Good read and I've been enjoying it a lot.

3) The Sylvester Stallone podcast- Yes! This is such a funny daily podcast, its only a few minutes long, but its so funny. Paul Scheer from How Did This Get Made and The League and other things started a podcast where he asks questions to Sylvester Stallone and interviews him... as of yet Sly has not shown up! Paul's been through a lot trying to get Sylvester on the podcast and... yeah. Its just a funny little story. Ummm its a parody also, which I don't think a lot of people understand...but it is and its funny. Maybe not a parody parody but... its not real lol. Just listen and laugh. It ended recently, but its still on Stitcher and Itunes and wolfpop.com I believe, if you want to listen. Its good.

4) The Colbert Report- I'm going to miss this show so much! I'm so sad its down to the last 8 episodes (as of right now... it could be over by the time I post this!) I'm excited to see him on letterman, but its sad that he won't be the same character or anything. I think he's the most brilliant satirical news reporter on tv and... its sad it won't be the same. I'll still watch it and I know I'll love it, but I think The Colbert Report will always be my favorite.

5) Improv For Humans Podcast- This podcast is so fun and different that I've been really into it. Its a very long podcast, its like over an hour usually, but Matt Besser hosts it and gets improvisers to do improv with him and stuff like that. As someone who is currently studying improv and liking it, I really have to say its so different and fun to just hear on a podcast. Tim Meadows guests a lot and he's pretty amazing. There's also an episode with Jason Mantzoukas, Lennon Parnham and Jessica St. Claire in it. Its funny because I think Jessica and Jason went to high school together and her and Lennon are bffs too and they all just work so well together. Matt Besser is also amazing as well. Just good overall.

6) American Eagle Vintage Plush T Shirt- I just got one of these and I wish I picked up more... I will probably have to sometime soon because its just amazing. I got one that had a print of christmas lights arranged in a heart. I really like it, I need some of the solid colors because I'd look quite silly wearing this after Christmas... but its still nice and warm for the rest of winter, so I'll definitely be looking for more of these. So soft and cozy and nice! Lol.

7) Goldbonds Ultimate Healing Lotion Healing With Aloe- I love this! I don't really like the big tube with the pump because its a thicker lotion and the pump doesn't work when you still have half of a container left, but my mom got me a little mini purse sized hand cream and I love this. The smell is absolutely amazing, it just smells very clean and fresh and I really enjoy it. I wish the full size came in a package like vaseline because Vaseline's packaging is absolutely amazing... but I like the little size for my hand. I really need hand creams badly in the winter, and if you're looking for a good stocking stuffer, advent calendar present, or if you just want a hand cream for yourself I highly recommend this!

8) Tarte Lipsurgence Lipgloss in Visionary- I've only had this product since Wednesday... but I already know I love it! It feels really good on my lips, the applicator is so nice and smooth and its a nice creamy color that can work on its own or over another lipstick. Its also such a nice neutral color I think it could work well on everyone and it probably looks unique on everyone too. I got this with the Tarte Bon Voyage gift set... so there are lots of new Tarte products I like... but this is something I know is permanent, easy to get your hands on and I just love the color. I want to try other colors, but I feel like there isn't a huge variety in the line... not sure, but this one is a winner for me!

9) Color Club's holiday collection- I recently won the ENTIRE color club holiday collections in a facebook giveaway from Beauty Plus Salon, and these are very unique shades that all have an excellent formula, are great for the holidays especially, but you can totally rock these year round. It takes 2 coats to get a really opaque look, but it isn't a difficult formula to work with to get that opacity. I feel like it takes FOREVER for me to do my nails with an Essie polish because the formula is just kind of all over the place, but these have a great formula. I think these are less expensive than Essie or OPI... not sure how much they are because I got them for free, but I think they're on the more affordable side.

10) Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencils- I got a really nice set of these at Sephora... and I don't think the set is available anymore, but the high pigment lip pencils are a permanent product that they have in their line... and I'm in love. The feel really nice on the lips, the pigmentation is amazing, and I don't have a problem with them feathering at all. Love these!

11) The Parks and Rec cast on social media (including Jean Ralphio and the Douche)- I'm a huge fan of Parks and Rec, and the cast just finished filming the last episode of the series yesterday... and my facebook/twitter and instagram was actually making me cry. Billy Eichner took some amazing pictures of the cast... Aziz Ansari had a picture with everyone. Adam Scott, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Rhetta, Michael Schur (creator), Jim O'heir (Jerry/Larry), Nick Offerman, Ben Schwartz, Nick Kroll and even Chris Pratt's wife Ana Faris tweeted about the ending of the show... and there was a buzzfeed article about it and it was just really emotional. This is my favorite show currently on television and one of my favorite shows of all time and I probably won't watch comedies when it ends because I just don't like tv as much when this isn't on. I mean realistically of corse I'll watch Marry Me, Brooklyn 99, The Mindy Project, New Girl and Bobs Burgers... but yeah. Things won't be the same without Parks and Rec.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f