Skip to main content

Yearly Favorites: Movie, TV, Food, Books + More!

So this is the Creme de la Creme of 2014. Many amazing things this year... these are the most amazingingest of all of these.

Movies 
The best movie of the year... by far for me was Gone Girl. I think this is the most excited I've been for a movie in years and it really lived up to the hype. Rosamund Pike was PERFECT as Amy. Amy is one of my favorite fictional characters of all time... and Rosamund Pike really got all the layers of that character down. For a relatively new actress, she did a fantastic job. I also saw Wrath of the Titans, which was really the only other big movie she's been in and I really liked that too!

This year wasn't big for comedies, but I really liked Tammy and I liked The Grand Budapest Hotel a lot.  Budapest was beautiful, really interesting and really funny actually and I liked it. And Tammy was a lot of fun too. Melissa McCarthy, Mark Duplass, Susan Sarandon. All great.

For Action movie/ comedy I have to go with... Guardians of the Galaxy! I'm really into Star Wars and this was like Star Wars only funnier and Pratt was awesome. I am Groot I am Groot I am Groot.

Television 

If ya didn't know, I'm quite the TV Fanatic. The best drama that debuted this year was definitely How To Get Away With Murder... its just so addictive and easy to watch and get hooked on. For a while it was only good every other episode... but that end. My gosh! Awesome!

Best comedies that debuted this year... I mean there are a lot. Marry Me is great, Casey Wilson and Ken Marino are perfect together. Playing House was also great, I love Lennon Parnham and Jessica St. James, they are two of the funniest people and they are very nice. Casey Wilson is super nice too. I don't know them personally, but all 3 of those ladies always tweet back to me or favorite my tweets and that really means a lot. Nia Vardalos is also joining the cast of Marry Me and she is also one of the nicest people.

Comedy Central also killed it this year as far as comedies go. Andy Daily's show Review is one of the craziest and funniest things ever on television, and I want to live my life that way. Broad City is fantastic. I started watching @Midnight this year even tho technically it is from last year. All pretty amazing. And the finale of Colbert. All amazing.

And then there is the show that I just got into this year... BREAKING BAD! Ohhh my gosh. Breaking Bad is my jam. I started watching it when it was like too cold for me to want to leave my dorm at all... and wow. Just wow. Amazing show. Perfect.

Podcasts 

This was a year I started getting into podcasts and my top 3 are How did this get made, Serial and Comedy Bang Bang. How did this get made is where 3 of the funniest people in the world discuss horrible movies with another funny guest. Comedy Bang Bang is a podcast that will start off like a normal interview, and then some sort of weird guest will show up and its totally improvised, totally crazy and totally funny. And Serial, you've probably heard about... is about a man convicted of a crime that we don't know he committed.

Books- 

I've been loving The Princess Diaries series this year. They're really light and funny and they still hold up even as an adult.

Also Gone Girl... you guys already know why I love this. Horns was a really interesting book too. Very funny and cool and scary and suspenseful.

And 2 bios I didn't finish but need to mention: Instant Mom by Nia Vardalos, which was released a few years ago, but I just got it this year. And a newly released great book: Yes Please by Miss Amy Poehler! All awesome books. Do recommend.

Food 

If you are ever in the Belmar section of New Jersey, you need to go to Federici's and get their Pizza. Any Pizza is good, but their Vodka Sauce Pizza is the absolute bees knees. I could easily eat this every day of my life and love it. It is sooo sooo good. Also amazing: Their Creamy Italian Salad Dressing! This salad dressing is the stuff that dreams are made of. It is the best! I loves it!

Also I've been liking Starbucks a lot more. I had gone there a few times a week... but then I stopped and I was going to Dunkin more because I went to Newark Penn Station often and that was right there... but then my mom started liking Starbucks so now she'll take me there more... which is good! I am happy about that!

And I discovered Cool Ranch Doritos this year... ohhh my god! How have I not eaten these in over 10 years???? I used to not like these... now I love them.

Smells 

I usually include some sort of Bath and Body Works product here... so my winners are Oahu, which is a coconut summery scent with their hawaii collection and Comfort which is a really nice pumpkin marshmallow latte scent... really great.

And for Wallflowers: I loved Pumpkin Caramel Swirl and I'm loving Pumpkin Gingerbread. I like my room to smell cinamony and warm and like a cookie, so I like these for that reason.

Songs 

I really only liked songs by Ed Sheeran this year. And the High all the time song is good. Very few songs I actually like, but those two stick out as being amazing for this year.


Here's to a great 2014! And an even better 2015!!!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f