Skip to main content

Worst Christmas Songs!

I think I did this last year... and the list probably has not changed much... but I have some different ones and my thoughts might be different than last year... so here we go!

1) Peppermint Winter by Owl City- Cannot stress how much I hate Owl City. They were super popular when I was in high school and the guy I liked senior year used to sing that goddamn Fireflies song... I should have known he was lame then. Anyway, I digress. This song is just some nonsensical winter lyrics thrown together. And then I think whoever wrote this was like "Ohhh shit I need to put something Christmasy in here" and they just threw the lyrics "What's December without Christmas Eve?" In it. Ummm yeah. It kind of feels like a little girl is singing it also? Like thats the person the narrator is supposed to be, but a grown ass man is singing it. Its bad. You guys should listen to it cause it sucks.

Link!  Btw this person's username is hilarious because its "Subscribe to" whatever they're name is. I just think thats funny! Lol

2) Drummer Boy by Justin Bieber ft. Busta Rhymes- If you were to ask me two people who should not make a Christmas song... it would be Justin Bieber and Busta Rhymes. I know I wrote about this last year because... I mean this is supposed to be the song that the little drummer boy sang as a gift to Jesus. This remix is not something I think is worthy as a gift to Jesus. A gift to teenage girls, sure but not Jesus. Lol. I kind of think everyone involved in this song should go to hell because its not a good song.  I feel kind of bad saying that... but its probably true. I'm not even going to link this song because I don't want to subject you to that kind of torture.

3) Christmas Time is Here Again by Ringo Starr- So this is a cover I guess? Is it a cover if the original song is by the Beatles? Some of the best musicians have the absolute worst Christmas songs... I'll get to that in a minute. I don't actually like the Beatles collectively... but I like their songs on their own quite a bit. And Ringo is my favorite... but this is bad. Its repetitive and he just sounds like he's dying. Ugh, don't like it one bit. It makes little sense, they must have been on a lot of drugs that happened during the writing of this song. Its bad.

Oddly I think the Ringo Star version of this song has been banned from the universe because I think I tried to look it up for last years video. A few years ago Bath and Body Works had a Christmas cd and that is how I discovered this gem. If you can find it definitely listen to it. It is amazingly bad. Its actually like a rare art form because of how bad it is. I kind of love it for that.

4) Bruce Springsteen's Christmas songs- Note: I actually like these songs... but they are probably bad. I'm not really a Springsteen fan, but I'm from Jersey so I listen to it and its good... and I feel like this song should be bad, but it isn't. Its like it works but it shouldn't. Idk. Its kind of the same with the Mariah Carey Christmas song. It shouldn't work and I don't like Mariah Carey... other than in Glitter which is a FANTASTICALLY awful movie that I kind of love... and yeah. Its just kind of like ohhh okay I accept this but maybe its bad. I don't know if it is or not cause I like it, but I think it probably should be bad.

5) Britney Spears Christmas Song and Christina Aguilara's for that matter- These are just terrible. The Lady Gaga one too for that matter, although I love it... its disturbing. These are just too... slutty. Like can we just not? Yeah its bad.

I feel like there are more bad songs... but these are bad enough for right now. Lol.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f