Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened this week: Week of 12/1

1) Sony Movies hacked- At least 5 movies that were either just released or coming soon have been released due to a hacker of Sony Pictures. Among the movies were Annie and Fury. The media seems to be blaming North Korea because they are angry at sony for The Interview, a movie in which James Franco and Seth Rogen attempt to assassinate Kim Jung Un. I'm not so sure. That seems like going from A to Z really really fast. You know? It could have easily been anyone. It makes sense that it would be North Korea, but idk that it necessarily is.

2) People Magazine accidentally publishes Kirk Douglas Obituary- Kirk Douglas is NOT DEAD, but I guess on People Magazine's website they published his obituary already. A lot of magazines keep obituaries for... well people they think are going to die soon. Thats why Joan Rivers obituary magazines were out a few hours after she died, they likely had that written before. It said "DO NOT PUB" On the headline from what I saw... so it was easy to see that it wasn't true. Uhhh yeah. Pretty big screw up. I wonder how it would feel to know your obituary is already out. I mean its one thing if you're older, but like if Lindsay Lohan's was accidentally published or something, that would be quite a turn around!

3) Kirk Cameron Christmas movie gets major thumbs down- So Kirk Cameron is an actor you all know and love from growing pains who is now... slightly crazy. Well he's super Christian, and hates gay people. Idk if that is necessarily crazy... maybe just homophobic or an asshole or something along those lines. It isn't crazy to be Christian... but the concept of the movie sounds too brainwashy and preachy for my liking. Basically Kirk has to save Christmas by making people believe in Jesus Christ... or something along those lines. Its kind of a propaganda film of sorts it seemed and the IMDB-verse has already given it the lowest rating of all time. Considering it hasn't been out that long... and you know there are lots of terrible movies on this list... its pretty bad. Uhhh yeah. I'm not trying to offend anyone here... but since this got the lowest rating ever on IMDB I'm guessing I'm not offending too many people. And you know you can believe in God and also believe that love is love... thats all. Anyway- cue mood lightener...

4) Nick Kroll to end Kroll show after season 3- I feel like this is a little bittersweet. I like Kroll Show and Nick Kroll a lot... but yeah there shouldn't be that many seasons of Kroll Show, so I'm glad he's wrapping up while the show is still really good. He says he didn't plan to end the show going into season 3, but a lot of the characters did wrap up their storylines and he thought it was best to go out on their best work ever instead of dragging it out too long. And thats always good.  I think that networks like Comedy Central and Cartoon Network (adult swim) are easy to work with. I saw in a recent interview with Paul Scheer that he didn't know if he was going to end his Adult Swim Show NTSFD;SUV but that for the time being it was done with. He said that Cartoon Network was good and said that if he wanted to do another season he could come back, and if he didn't he didn't have too and he could continue to do other things for Adult Swim. I've noticed kind of a lot of freedom with Comedy Central shows and how they air also, so I feel like if he wanted to do something else with Kroll Show they would probably let him, but he could also move on to different things within the network and probably other jobs. I'm a big fan of Nick Kroll so I'm excited to see what he has in store for season 3 and where his career will take him after that.

5) Adnan Syed to get appeal?- Serial fans all know this already... but Adnan Syed, who was accused of murdering his ex girlfriend Hae Min Lee and has been serving time in jail for over 10 years based on shaky and little evidence is getting an appeal. This appeal comes after the podcast "Serial" has been telling the story of Hae's murder and bringing this case to light to millions of people. The podcast didn't necessarily have anything to do with the appeal, in fact some articles have said that the podcast may not have helped him so much as hurt him... as well as the podcast itself saying that this appeal isn't fully true. I myself... am not sure what to make of this appeal. I don't think that Adnan committed the murder and I feel like nothing about this case proves to him actually murdering Hae. It's basically just his word against some other man named Jay who also went to high school with Hae and Adnan. This case has a lot of layers and there is no clear resolution in site as to who actually murdered Hae if Adnan didn't... but I just feel like there is little evidence saying that he actually did so he shouldn't be in jail. Either way, Adnan has already been in jail for over 10 years... so even if this appeal does work and he is freed he's still been locked up for over 10 years. Its sad that he's spent pretty much his entire adult life behind bars for a crime he maybe committed and maybe didn't. I don't see why he's locked up but sooo soo many people that HAVE actually killed people are let free because there is no evidence that what they were doing was in self defense, or that they actually did kill the people they were accused of killing. I'm sure I don't need to list any examples here, you guys get my point.

Also listen to serial. Its a friggin awesome show lol.

Ummm on that note I think I'm probably done here. There wasn't a lot of news I wanted to talk about this week, I usually like to stick with pop culture news that is lighter because I don't completely feel comfortable talking about serious issues on my blog. I'm not a journalist in any way shape or form... I'm not really qualified for the sort of journalism Serial has... also I'm open minded, I like to see everyone's side and I change my mind often. I also don't want to stir up any controversial comments or anything... I don't mean to offend anyone in any way shape or form. And I respect anyone's beliefs as long as they respect everyone else's beliefs. So uhhh yeah.

I know its quite controversial that there will be no season 4 of Kroll show... but hey, what are you going to do?

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f