Skip to main content

True Test Thursday: Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color

Sooo Milani has a new lipgloss/lip laquer type thing that looked pretty cool so I'm going to try it today! Color isn't great on this hand swatch... but I'll show you on my lips too! You can see the intensity!

It's called- as mentioned above- the Lip Intense Liquid color and let me tell you... they are not lying about the intensity. I picked up the color Fiery Coral because I don't really have any corals in my life. It was really hard to chose, they only have 4 colors (so far) but they are beautiful. Since Wallgreens has Milani on sale now... If I like this I may pick up some more tomorrow. It's supposed to have the shine of a gloss but the lasting power of a lipstick. It seemed like a cool thing I needed in my life so I got it! Lol.

I have tried it, but only like to play around with- not for a long period of time I rubbed it off right after. So far the color payoff is amazing. I have a feeling it might be a little bit drying, but it doesn't feel awful on your lips. And it has a really nicely designed applicator. Maybe I'm just picky with my lipglosses, but a lot have either a) Brushes that's bristles go in every direction or B) super flimsy applicators. So that's a plus.

I also want to mention that the packaging is nice. There's a high end brand that has similar packaging- I think it's Marc Jacobs actually. I love gold and coral together, so I like Milani's packaging for that. It's got a pretty gold cap and letters. Also I think the shape of this would make it super easy to slip in a purse and find when you need it. I don't think it should be reapplied without a mirror though. Seems like a mistake. It smells nice too... so points for that.

Also I want to mention that usually for True Test Thursday I don't do touch ups or fixes or anything, but I think I'm going to have to with this one. I've heard there is some feathering that happens and I don't want to look all crazy.

CHECK IN #1- 1:00 PM
So far so good! I've been wearing it for like an hour and a half. It pretty much looks the same, color payoff still good, it's not super glossy anymore. It looks more like a stain, but it still looks good. I'm about to eat lunch, so I might reapply after. I was also laughing a lot so I was sure it would get on my teeth. Doesn't look like anything happened, but I did check it like crazy... so theres that.

Didn't last as well as I thought. I wasn't going to reapply after lunch because the color was still there, but I took some pictures and it wasn't quite as vibrant as I wanted, so I put a little more on. I'll show pics at the end, I just took like a gazillion selfies because I kept thinking my mouth looked weird in them. Idk.

CHECK IN #2 -4:54 PM
 Alriiiiigggggghhhhhht so It's still on! Its not quite as vibrant... but the color itself is super duper vibrant. I'm going to drink some starbucks. It's getting on the cap a little bit, but not really that badly. I'm probably not going to reapply before my third class. I have an exam so its not like I have to look all that awesome for that. I'll let you know my thoughts after class.

It should just be noted that my third check in will be super quick as I will be writing it in the time it takes to microwave my dinner and then I'll be devouring my Penne Vodka because it is the best thing that exists.

Check in #3 
Wearing lipstick to an exam is a dumb idea. It stayed on but I had water that kinda rubbed it off and then I rubbed it further on my hand and it got on my ring. Color is still on my lips though, but its a little all over the place. Not terrible, but a little crazy looking. I did end up reapplying btw, don't think I mentioned that.

All in all though, this passed the true test! I love the formula and color and as of right now they have a nice variation of colors. They only have 4 colors, but they are all very vibrant and pretty colors that I think will work with all skin types. This is an absolute home run product in my opinion and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the other colors while they are still on sale at my wallgreens. I didn't think initially that this would be anything life changing, but it's the most life changing drugstore lip product I've ever used... so that's something!

Okay thats all! Buy this it's cool!

Byeeee!
-Shannon  

P.S Forgot to add the selfies! Here you go! 




 The first few pics are from when I reapplied around check in #2 and the third is from when I first applied it. I took that picture on the stairs on my way to class so the lighting wasn't that great. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f