Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Friday: More Successful Haul + Influenster Uni Voxbox unboxing.

Sooo I was a little bummed about my haul last week... but I recently had a super satisfying and amazing shopping trip where I got a lot of really cool stuff. And it is my spring break, so I have a feeling there will be just a little more to come from this... let's start off though.

Cotton On
First my friend Cristina and I went to Cotton On and they had 2 for $40 hoodies and we decided to each get one and split the price. I got this nice purple and grey hoodie that says New York and it also says 91 which is my birth-year... so I was happy with that.

Forever 21 

Usually I don't find anything at forever 21... but this time was different.

First I found these really cool sunglasses with a chain detail on the side and because it's forever 21 and its cheap I got 2 of them. I got a cream colored one and a mint one. Forgot to take a pic in these, but you will see them when it gets a little sunnier out fo' sho.

<<< PIC!!! Next I saw this really pretty colorful scarf that I just could not pass up. It's still a bit complicated for me to figure out how to wear... but I think I'll get it. I really loved the colors and I just wanted a nice scarf that day.

Then I got this really adorable tote bag at the cash register. It had cute little french bulldogs on it... I couldn't help myself! I really always wanted one of their cute little cheap totes and this one was just perfect for me. I love French Bulldogs and it's just so cute! I can't help myself lol!

And while waiting for check out I saw this really adorable nail polish duo that looked a lot like a Revlon one that I wanted to get. Its got a coral color and a sparkly color. I love it. It isn't the best formula, but it's definitely not the worst I've tried and for $3.80 you really can't go wrong!

And then I saw another thing at the cash register I just couldn't resist... this really pretty spring statement necklace. I just love the design and the colors... its totally unlike anything I have. I think a statement necklace is a nice way to add something special to a plain outfit... and I may actually do a post on styling a plain t-shirt or tank top soon so yeah! I thought this would be a cool edition to that.Pic>>>
^ Cardigan #1 above. Cardigan #2 is in the same pic with the colorful scarf!
Windsor 
This is like a dress store, so I wasn't really expecting to find anything I liked... but I found my new obsession and it is the long flowy cardigans they have their!

I got this Daisy one the first day I went there and I think it may be my favorite thing I own! Originally it was 24.90, which is not a bad price at all and I like it enough that I would buy that... but it was on sale for 14.90!!!! They had others... so of course I went back the next day and got another super pretty white one with tulips on it.


I'm just in love completely. I feel like I may get another one too... they just have such cute prints! I love it!

Victoria Secret 
 Of course I get the one thing I actually really needed last on this shopping trip right? I needed a new bra and I had a $10 off coupon so I thought why not. I tried one of their newer bras called The Date Bra and I really liked it. I thought that it fit a little better than the Wear Everything bras... but as it turns out it just fit better because I got a cup size up. That makes sense because when I got them measured and it said I was a 34B a lot of the bras just didn't fit right, like my boobs were just a bit too big to fit in them. Don't have this problem with this bra, but it still gives me the same support and feeling as the other ones I guess? Whenever I get a new bra I just feel like I lost 10 pounds or something because it really just does soooo much for you that your whole body kind of reflects that I guess. Makes sense right?


Bath and Body Works 
This was on my next day. I had a coupon for a free pocketbac sanitizer, so I got one. I got the scent Market Peach and I loveee it! 

Barnes and Noble 
I got something that I wanted for a super long time at b&n and that is a journal book called 642 things to write about. I have 642 things to draw and I really like it, I think it just makes me feel so creative and sometimes when I get stuck on a blog, I can just post one or a few of those things. I like writing a bit every day and I think this is going to help me a lot! I want to write more fiction and creative things on this blog.. I may even start writing a micr fiction a day or a week or something... That would be fun!

INFLUENSTER! 
I got another Voxbox in the mail, so I figured I'd share the stuff I got in there as well. If you guys don't know what Influenster is, it is basically a service you can sign up for, its totally free and they will send you boxes full of free stuff to sample for testing purposes. So if you blog, youtube or tweet or anything, you could totally sign up and they will send you something. I've gotten a lot of great things from them in the past and this box was probably my favorite so lets just dig in! I didn't include one of the things in the pic... because it would be kinda awks.

This box is called the Uni Voxbox, which I'm guessing is designed for Universities. They had another similar one in the fall and I forget what that was called... I wasn't super impressed with that one, but this one was pretty great.

Broadway Nails Impress Press on manicure- These are super cute, but I feel like I may feel a little silly wearing these lol. Remember those fake nails that were like all the rage back in 3rd grade and they had them at limited too and stuff like that? These are kind of like that, but they look a little more realistic and easier to apply. I got a really fun bright pink color that I like... lemme see what its called.... okay it doesn't have a name, but still its super cute and fun and I'm definitely going to try them out!

NYC Last Lip Color in Forever Fuscia- They gave an NYC lipgloss in the last voxbox I got, so I wasn't surprised by the brand, but it was a fun surprise that there was a lipstick in there! And it's a really pretty pink color! I had to try this right away and I really loved it and will probably buy some more because they are only 1.99!!!!!!!

Pilot Acroball Purewhite Pen- Cool! A pen! Nothin too exciting here, but happy I got it. Always need a pen.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation- I had a feeling this was going to be in the box. They mentioned that there would be a foundation and they needed to know my skintone and stuff... it is just a bit paler than my actual skin, but with blush it looks pretty normal. I wanted to try this but didn't think it would look good on my skin... so far I like it! It covers, looks natural, not cakey and it seems to last a long time. It also says its only 4.99-5.49 and Rimmel pretty much always goes on sale... so that's pretty affordable too!

Playtex Sport Fresh Balance- I got tampons!!!! I think I have a box of these but I don't think I've actually tried them yet.  Just got over my period, so these won't be put into use just yet, but eventually. I'm quite picky about my pads, because I swear to god whoever designs half of these things is probably a dude and never had to wear one! I actually wrote a whole blog about that but was too embarrassed to post it... I probably will some day now, but yeah. I got tampons lol.

Red Rose Real Tea Premium Water Enhancer- This was a cool surprise! My sister got some of these one time and they were really good and had some exciting flavors. This is just the regular Black Tea flavor, but still I'm happy about this. I figure it'll be good to bring to class with me so that I have something other than just water to drink with me. I like the brand and I'm excited about this!

I got some coupons too. There was a coupon for the Real Tea and for the pens. Sooo yeah thats fun!


 This is me wearing the foundation and lipstick. I really dig this look! I've heard it works best with a primer if you have dryer skin... which I do and it worked well with the Maybeline Babyskin. Whatever primer you usually use will probably get the job done though. I thought this really minimized my pores, which I really like. It is just a tad light though, but I sort of like that. It isn't like it's totally not my natural color it just isn't as dark. Idk. I may try to do a $20 make up look soon if you guys like that idea!


And just so you guys know, I will put both the foundation and lip color, and possibly all the rest of this stuff to the test on True Test Thursday. Tomorrow there will be a Muppet Movie Review, and on Sunday there will be a stuff that happened this week. Alright? Alrrriggght. Just thought I'd warn you because I had sooo many reviews this week. Lol.

Byeeee!

-Shannon





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f