Skip to main content

Shannon Reviews: Tyler Perry's Single Mom's Club

Sooo this was kind of the last movie that I saw on Spring Break, but I think it'll be the first movie out of theaters, so I'm going to review this first. I don't think I've ever actually seen a Tyler Perry movie before, I know he doesn't let critics screen his movies, which I respect. I don't think his movies are meant for critics to see because they aren't films critics would appreciate. This was just one of those good movies about regular people in everyday life.

So I just kind of wanted to see this movie, it looked pretty funny so when my friend said "hey let's see single moms club" I was like "sure!" And I was pleasantly surprised by it! I thought it was a fun enjoyable movie, but it also had strong female leads with good story lines. The way that the friendship formed between the women was really nice in my opinion. It was just an organic and natural type of friendship but it also had meaning because they were going through the same thing and it was a real bond that these ladies had.

Another thing I really liked about the movie was that it had good parent/child relationships too. It didn't show them as overly perfect like in a lot of movies, but it was real. I felt that it was loving and strong and realistic.

Also this movie had the hottest guys in it! Ohhh my gosh all the love interests in this movie were really hot. The only two I know are. Tyler Perry and Terry Crews, who are both good looking and funny, but the other three who are less famous and all names I don't know are INCREDIBLY HOT !!! Terry Crews was hilarious too!

I mean there were problems with the movie. It isn't like years from now people will be comparing it to Citizen Kane or anything like that... But how many people have actually sat through all of citizen Kane. I feel like a few of the moms at least got their hair done like in the middle of shooting the movie, so it isn't always consistent. Also they kind of added some backstory that was really just thrown in out of no where. It's just a cute story that's fun to watch with a friend. I would definitely recommend it. It's just fun!


Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...