Skip to main content

Appyness #5- Apps You should Download

Sooo I'm gonna do something a little different today. Instead of downloading an app just to play with and delete, I'm going to tell you my most loved, most trusted apps.

I don't think I have a whole lot of apps, and a lot of the ones I use a lot are pretty popular ones... so I'm just going to talk about the ones maybe you need to download still. Ohhh and also these are all free apps which are pretty much all I download.

1) Stitcher- This is one of the most entertaining apps in my opinion. If you like podcasts or want to listen to podcasts, or like comedians or news... this is a great app for you. Basically it lets you listen to any podcast you want whenever you want. It's so much easier than downloading each show or subscribing, I find I don't listen to shows then. My favorite podcasts right now are How Did This Get Made where Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, and Jason Mantzoukas talk about crazy bad movies with a guest... usually a hilarious comedian. It's so funny. I'm obsessed with bad movies so I love it. And of course, Welcome To Nightvale... which I can't even explain... but if you like Parks and Rec I have a feeling you would like Nightvale. It isn't necessarily that similar, there are similar aspects but Nightvale is more paranormal and absurd... but the humor is similar. Listen to it! It grows on you I really love it.

2) Shazam- Hear a song on the radio you like, but don't know who sings it? SHAZAM THAT SHIZ AND IT WILL TELL YOU! This app is not only super useful, but I really love the instant gratification of it. I wish IMDB came out with an app like this so that you could take a picture of an actor or something and it would bring up everything that they were on so that you could find out how you know them. Actually I really wish I could Shazam everything. When I need to know something, I need to know everything about it RIGHT THEN and that would greatly GREATLY help me! Lol.

3) Hopstop- If you live in a city or are just commuting to a city or going to the city for a day... this app is super helpful! It's really easy to use, you just kinda say where you're trying to go and where you're coming from and it will get you there as easily and fast as possible. Sooo simple right? I mean if you still know someone that knows the subway system that helps too. I've lived near NY all my life, have been there many times and I still don't know the subway system that well, so this helps a lot!

4) Weather Puppies- It just tells you the weather but with adorable puppies. It's not something you necessarily need... but I just think its fun and I want to get my weather the most adorable way possible. Sometimes it doesn't work well with the locations and the wifi, but it's easy enough to use and accurate enough to be on the top 5 list.

5) Sudoku-I play a lot of games on my phone, but this is the only one that makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Sometimes I get super addicted to it, sometimes I don't. I never thought I'd be able to do the Expert mode levels, but now that's all I do and I think its the most fun. I always come back to this app, so its in the top 5.

So yeah those are the 5 apps I will always have on whatever phone I get assuming they are available. If I had no room on my phone for apps, basically I'd only want these 5 and I would be happy. What are your top 5? Do you like these apps? Let me know!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f