Skip to main content

Shannon Reviews: Need For Speed

This is a movie I probably would not have seen if my new Man crush Aaron Paul was not in it... But since I love Breaking Bad and I somehow have a huge crush on Jesse Pinkman, I wanted to see it really badly.

It's not that this movie didn't look good, it's just not exactly my type of movie. I've never really had an interest in seeing The Fast and The Furious, I don't really know anything about cars, I'm not a fan of action movies without Nick Cage, and I don't even drive so I feel like I don't have the same understanding of the movie that people that drive have. That might not make sense to everyone, but it makes sense to me.

I found the movie really enjoyable though. It wasn't a terrible movie, it was sort of a bad movie but not a "so bad it's good" thing. Just an extremely entertaining movie that is just a little too unbelievable to be considered a "good" movie. It kind of had a plot... Well no that's harsh it has a plot. Aaron Paul and this douche who's name I forget are drag racers and their rivals cause they are both after Aaron Paul's friends sister. She chooses the douche of corse and the douche gets her brother killed and blames it on Aaron Paul.

I feel like there are a lot of flaws in the legal system with this... He was in prison for manslaughter for 2 years and then gets out and gets in a car immediately... They don't suspend his license or anything. I also think that they didn't have evidence to lock him up, they just had evidence that it wasn't the douche cause that guy hid his car.

I don't think that the person that wrote this movie has a whole lot of writing experience. I know a little bit about screen writing and I know that like the #1 rule is not to make any bit of information too easy for the characters, and everything comes very easily for the characters. There aren't really any moments that are earned, it's all just a lot of convenient things to move the plot forward. The dialogue wasn't all completely realistic either, it wasn't all that bad because a lot of it was just car racing with little dialogue.

This was also a 3D movie, and a lot of its effects were specifically for the 3d gimmick of it all. I don't know if it would work the same without that, I usually don't see 3d movies in. 3d, but that was the only showing of this movie. I think it worked well in 3d though, I thought it was really cool and the effects were super cool. I have a 3d tv at home now, so I think this would be a really cool movie to rent on that. It's something I would probably tell my parents to watch in 3d when it's available to rent because I think they'd actually enjoy it like that. It's an entertaining movie without the 3D, but I just thought it was pretty cool.

This movie also had a lot of characters now that I think about it. I don't think they really needed the character of the sister, there is another more interesting love interest in the movie... They could have done something different. Idk.

Also Michael Keaton was in this movie which is pretty cool. Michael Keaton is someone I would watch in any movie and even though he has a small part, he did a good job.

This movie had some typical bad movie tropes... The dad died but they never really mention it, cheeses character hitting on the love interest and trying to get her with the main guy, unrealistic view of prison. Didn't have my favorite bad movie trope: some sort of really long sports scene that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie... So that's a good sign. Ohhh and it was based off a video game, another sign of a bad movie. It was much better than Battleship though!

I keep calling this a bad movie, but it should be noted that I really really like bad movies lol. I am kind of obsessed, especially with action movies so I really did love this movie and I hope they make a few sequels because I love it, the acting was really good too. I think everyone gave a really solid performance of corse I'm partial to Jesse Pinkman, but everyone was really pretty good.

I'd recommend seeing it. Maybe rent it, if you're super into car movies see it in 3D. I thought it was worth the 3D price, but that might just be me!


Sooo yeah. Tomorrow I will have one more review for you, and then I'll be done till I see the muppet movie... Maybe Saturday lol.


Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f