Skip to main content

Book Haul! What I want to Read/ What I'm reading.

I've done a few book hauls in the past and honestly... I haven't read those books yet! But still- that doesn't stop me from being interested in new books and ordering a few more from the Barnes and Noble website... buying some at Target and other places.

So first is a book I bought back when I went to New York City with my boyfriend... you can read more about that right here... but we went to Kinokuniya which is a really big book store with basically any Manga you could ever want to read in it... plus a lot of other really cool things... anyway I found this book called Pure Skin: Discover the Japanese Ritual of Glowing by Victoria Tsai and I knew I wanted to get the book. I want to know more about skincare and I thought this is probably the best way of finding out. Plus as a beauty blogger and a vlogger- I thought this would be useful and fun to review.

Another slightly more of a beauty/lifestyle book that I got for myself was Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life.  So this book was one I definitely wanted because I love the show Queer Eye, and even just looking at pictures of the very handsome Fab 5 is worth the price of the book. Lol just kidding, I love all their personalities and I know I can find great advice on so many different things from this book. I might do a little bit of a review on that on my beauty blog too.

Another sort of coffee table book that I wanted and found at Target was Inside Black Mirror  by Charlie Brooker, Annabel Jones with Jason Arnopp. So I've blogged a lot about Black Mirror- I love it and I needed to have an inside look at it. I think the creators of this show are just so clever- I'd totally like to know all the details about every episode and you know I'm going to watch it again while reading this book... probably after the new season comes out maybe.

Also I got Dumplin by Julie Murphy at Target. I wanted to read this before the movie came out and now that the movie is out I really want to see that... so I'm going to read the movie too. It looks cute I'm excited to watch it and read it. I think I'm going to try to read Crazy Rich Asians maybe during my breaks at work... but then I'm going to move on to this I think. I don't know I just get kind of bored on my breaks and I want something more entertaining to do at lunch than just look at my phone or shop somewhere.

I also thought I placed an order from Barnes and Noble... but apparently I didn't? I'll have to go in store and buy some things maybe because that was my whole inspiration for this blog lol. So maybe this is part one of this blog? I have a Target Gift Card too... so that might go towards books... it might go towards something bigger... but still.

Bye!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...