Skip to main content

Movies That Used to Be On All The Time When I Was A Kid

So I thought this would be a fun blog to do. I just wrote a blog about non-holiday movies to watch around the holidays... and then that got me thinking to movies that they used to show ALL THE TIME when I was little but I never see anymore.

Some of these were my sister just watching it repeatedly... well the first one is for sure... but it was on a lot when there were less options on tv.

Also keep in mind: These aren't actually kids movies... they were just on all the time when I was a kid and if I was in the living room I'd see at least a part of it.

1) So I Married an Ax Murderer- 

This was my sister's favorite movie when I was a kid. She probably watched this every day and recited all the words... and I think she had the soundtrack too. This movie is really funny and kind of cute. Mike Myers is a poet/singer/comedian that has bad luck in love... and then he falls in love with a woman that works at a Scottish Butcher or Deli or something... and then he marries her and suspects her of being an Ax Murderer. She had a lot of boyfriends before or she was married a few other times and they didn't exactly know what happened to the husbands... I won't spoil the movie- but we do find out who the murderer is... and since this movie is old and I don't think anyone cares about spoilers- I'll spoil it anyway... it's her sister that's the killer.

2) The Family Man- 

I think my boyfriend just bought this movie because I was looking for it at Big Lots or Dollar General because they played the song from Talking Heads that was in the trailer at PF Changs... and it was around christmas and I swear they used to show this every Christmas... and then they must have realized it was a bad movie and they stopped... but this is kind of cute. Nicholas Cage is a single guy living that sort of lifestyle and all of a sudden he gets transported to see what would have happened if he married one of his old girlfriends and they had kids. I don't really remember what happened here... but still! It's a cute movie and I like it. I'll re-review it sometime soon if I didn't in Blogmas... lol.

3) City of Angels- 

Another Nicholas Cage movie! Nicholas Cage was big when I was little lol. I think this was one my sister liked- and I think she just liked it because it had a good soundtrack. The song Iris from The Goo Goo Dolls was actually made because of this movie. Nick Cage is an Angel and he falls in love with Meg Ryan who is a human... and he stops being an angel for her... and she dies. Or something... so yeah. Probably a bad movie-I'll try to watch it again sometime... but yeah.

4) Look Who's Talking Now- 

I am not a big fan of the original Look Who's Talking...but I have fond memories of the more kid-friendly Look Who's Talking Now. Which is also a Christmas movie I think? Basically John Travolta and Kirstie Alley are married with 2 kids and they get 2 dogs... by mistake- they each got a dog instead of just getting one... and then the dogs talk and they don't get along... it's pretty bad probably... but I did watch it a few years ago and I liked it better than Look Who's Talking and I thought it was cute.


5) Practical Magic- 
This is such a good movie! Also Nicole Kidman in this movie is absolutely STUNNING. I never saw the full thing of this as a kid... but I watched it a few years ago and it's just a fun movie to watch... and I kind of wish they did more movies like this! Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock are witches and sisters that get into some hijinks and kill someone or something bad happens and they have to fix things... I don't really remember but this is a fun one and it's on netflix and it's cute!

6) Ever After- 
This was a Cinderella type of movie starring Drew Barrymore. I never saw the full thing when I was a kid... but I am a little surprised this isn't something that's still on. I don't know much about this movie- but it is a period piece and it is Cinderella based I think.

That is everything I wanted to talk about today. Again... weird random blog posts that I just think of in the moment... but this is important.

7) One Fine Day- 
This was on recently! I didn't get to see much of it- but this is a really cute movie. Mae Whitman was in it as a kid and it stars George Clooney and Michelle Pfiffer and I think it's just a meet cute. And both of them have cute kids that get into trouble. The little boy gets something stuck up his nose... it's just a cute little movie. I will definitely watch this again sometime soon!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f