Skip to main content

It List: January 2019

I think one of my  goals for this year is to actually improve this blog and actually take some more time writing my posts... that's partially why I haven't been writing "daily" as much either because I really haven't been feeling great and I've just been super tired to write... but this isn't an excuse intro! I'll try to get back on track soon! I just wanted to kind of say I might bring back some of my old favorite posts and the It List is definitely one I'm bringing back! This is all of the stuff I can't get enough of this month and I can't wait to share them with you guys!

1) Sabrina The Teenage Witch- I was really excited when Netflix announced The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina- and I LOVED that show- but it did have me longing for my childhood favorite- the much more lighthearted Melissa Joan Hart Sabrina. One day I was just looking at DVDs at Target- and I saw that they had the complete series on DVD... and I was like "SOLD!" I started watching it right away of corse... and I've been bingewatching it ever since. It is just as good as I remembered!

2) The Bachelor- You guys know that I recently became hooked on The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise...or maybe you don't. I don't remember if I talked about that on here or not. Anyway this is the first time I've actually seen The Bachelor! I have been posting weekly recaps... you can check out the first episode recap here and the second episode right here. I'll probably have the third episode recap by Friday... but my thoughts on it so far are that I really like Colton... and I like all the girls... well some of the girls haha. Other than that- I do love the drama!

3) A Simple Favor by Darcy Bell- I saw this movie with my boyfriend when it was in theaters and we were both really impressed with it! I finally decided to read the book! It is just as suspenseful and I really like it so far! This is Darcy Bell's first novel and I think it it's a really interesting story. Bell is a preschool teacher- and since the story is centered around 2 mothers of young children... you can tell Bell knew the world well and she did a great job with it. I honestly haven't gotten that far in the book to talk much more about it... but just from the bit I have read (mixed with my knowledge from the movie) it is great!

4) A Sucky Love Story by Brittani Louise Taylor- I reviewed this book right here and I finished it earlier in the month... but it still counts as an actual MUST for this month! It is a fascinating, true story in which Youtube personality Brittani Louise Taylor talks about her abusive relationship and how her son was born and doesn't spare any good details. Highly recommend this one!

5) Planners- I've been using a lot of planners lately. I really need to get organized this year and manage my time a lot better! I've been keeping a bullet journal and I have 3 other planners too... I kind of like writing things over an over again. This just helps me keep track and it is kind of fun!

6) Aromatherapy- I love the Dr. Teal's Relax and Relief Epsom Salts, and I've been using the Aromatherapy line from Bath and Body Works since I've bought some from the Semi Annual Sale. I can't really smell right now with the cold I have... so these don't work very well for me at the moment... but it still helps and I still really like them!

7) Notebooks from The Disney Store- Honestly, the notebooks from The Disney Store are the cutest and I actually wrote the first draft of this blog post in one of them! They're cute... and they've been on sale every time I've gone to the Disney Store recently- so it is absolutely perfect!

8) Transformers Bot Bots- I talked about these in my last blog but these are just really cute and fun to transform. They're transformers that transform from food and everyday objects... I love these!

9) Nintendo Switch- I haven't had much time to actually play this- but it is a lot of fun and I'm excited to use it more. I have Super Mario Odyssey- which I really like. I also downloaded some of the free demos that they had... and I think the most exciting one I downloaded was a fighting game called Arms... which I actually won against my boyfriend which is funny cause he actually knows more about video games and stuff... and was probably just letting me win. But still! It was super fun and I would recommend at least getting the demo if you have a Switch. This is a really fun gaming console that I look forward to playing more!

10) Ham, Egg, Cheese and Pepper Sou Vide Egg Bites from Starbucks- I've never been a fan of the other Sou Vide Egg Bites... but these ones are new and delicious! I guess I just really like Ham and cheese... and the peppers add a nice kick for breakfast too. These are just really tasty and if this sounds good to you- you won't be disappointed!

11) Spider Man Into The Spider Verse Soundtracks- I've mentioned my love for Spider Man Into The Spider Verse before... but this month I can't get enough of the soundtracks! I listen to the Christmas album when I feel like having a good laugh, I like to listen to the regular soundtrack in the mornings when I get ready for work... and the Score by Daniel Pemberton when I write! These are just so much fun! I'm happy they did such a good job with them!

That is everything I'm loving this month! I hope you guys like this! Here's to doing and loving more stuff in February!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f