Skip to main content

Weird Dreams I've Had: Venym Vodka

Hey guys! Happy New Year! This is a weird first post of the new year tbh... but I want to kind of write these every day as a thought pops into my head... it is as always a goal of mine to blog every day this year on both blogs... I realize that has not happened but I figure this way I'll at least be pretty consistent and maybe the blogs will be better? Not sure- but I'm writing this on December 10th cause I just wrote the "Things I thought as a kid- Christmas Edition" and I saw a pop up ad for Vodka on facebook... so yeah. That reminded me of this story.

Anyway it pretty much is exactly how it sounds... when I was in High School I had a dream that I either started or Cobra Starship started a brand of vodka called Venym Vodka which was a fancy bottle of vodka that contained a live cobra in the box. Yes that's right... A LIVE COBRA!

Why did I have this dream? I didn't drink in high school... but I did in fact love the band Cobra Starship... and the lead singer of Cobra Starship liked to drink or at least that was kind of his on-stage persona. He definitely liked to party- but I do think it was sort of a persona that he was this crazy person that talked to snakes and drank vodka and redbull like it was water. Seriously- if you looked up the About The Band on the website it would give you a story about how Gabe Saporta (the lead singer) wandered the desert and a Cobra told him to start this band.

This is also a weirdly vivid dream that I had and when I went to school the next day I remembered to tell it to everyone... and they thought it was funny and it became a sort of inside joke amongst us... and for some reason 10ish years later I just remembered this dream and thought "Ohhh yeah. That would make a fun blog."

The Venym thing is kind of specific too. I think it was called Venym with a Y.. but I also think that there was an energy drink that used the Y and maybe that's what I'm confused about... I'm not really sure... but I think there was a Y.

Also- this was before the Parks and Rec episode about Snake Juice... I think... I think it was before Parks and Rec was even a show... but it reminds me a lot of that episode. Maybe I'm getting my memories confused and I'm thinking the bottle was more like the Snake Juice than I thought... but I think it was kind of like Snake Juice.

So here I go- possibly predicting the future twice. Once with Snake Juice and once with Venym- which was an energy drink I think. So... score!

I hope you found this entertaining!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...