Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Supernatural Season 4 pt 1

Lazurus Rising 
Good start to the season! Ruby is back and is now played by Sam's wife in real life... not at the time, but now they're married. I kind of liked Katie Cassidy better, but I can get used to it. I also like Castiel, he seems like a good character to me... Pretty cool. You can tell the show is changing a little bit, but I still think I'm going to like it.

Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
This was pretty cool. I loved Bobby's ghost panic room and I thought it was a cool episode. I like Castiel... I didn't love it, and don't feel as strongly about this episode... but its a cool concept.

In The Beginning 
This one was great. I loved Dean seeing how his parents got engaged and what happened with Azazel and that his mom was really the hunter and just wanted a good life for Sam and Dean. It also showed a lot about her family, which Dean didn't really know about too much. And of corse how John got the Impala. It was a really good episode with a good end. And I love Mitch Pillegi, who is from The X Files as Walter Skinner. He was awesome. It was weird that he had to kiss his on screen daughter though and Dean walked in on that... but he knew his mom made a deal with Azazel by then. Still gross to see.

Metamorphosis
I was expecting wayyy more from this episode. The previous episode said "To Be Continued" so I thought that this one would have continued that... but it kind of just glazed over Sam's dark side and his relationship with Ruby and anything that Castiel said and just went on to a really gross monster of the week that was a cannibal that was just eating everything... and it was disgusting to watch and just too much. It wasn't too bad... but that grossed me out a lot. I was disappointed.

Also I know Sam is married to the actress that plays Ruby in this season now... You can totally see the chemistry between the two. I think he was engaged to someone else at the start of this... but wow. Them just being on screen together, not even necessarily having lines or anything... You can definitely tell something's going on. And its kind of beautiful knowing that they did eventually get together in real life... its a much different dynamic between Sam and Ruby and I don't know if I quite like it as much... but its interesting.

Monster Movie 
This was such a fun episode! I kind of like every other episode so far... lol. This is another one that might be my favorite. I'm a big Dracula fan, I think I'm actually going to read the book this October. I took a class all about Dracula and the history of the real Vlad Dracula and how it morphed into the whole vampire thing. Its interesting. This was beautifully directed also. Robert Singer... not Bobby from the show... but the director Robert Singer directed it and I think he did a great job. Especially at the end where Dean is in that room. I just thought this was the most fun, unique episode of the series and I really liked it. This season hasn't been that exciting to me... but this episode was great.

And I liked that it was black and white! It didn't feel like there was anything that different about it at first... but it ended up being super fun and I was a big fan of the episode! I also watched it late at night on a dark, stormy night in October... and it was perfect for that! Just right to get me wanting Halloween! lol!

Yellow Fever 
This one was so funny and the end was really sad and scary too. This is another really great one. Very well done with the scary stuff at the end... and Jensen Ackles dancing and lip syncing to Eye of The Tiger was just great. I read on IMDB that Jared Palladecki, who plays Sam missed his cue on purpose at that scene just to see what Jensen would do... and Jensen apparently did that dance. So it was pretty great. I also liked the Of Mice and Men references... I thought this was a weird and well put together episode.These episodes have been the most unique of the series so far. Its not like just another shapeshifter or just another demon or ghost or anything like that. This is almost as good as Season 1!

Its The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester 
I was kind of expecting a funny episode for this one. Ohhh well this was still really good. I liked that they brought Castiel back and with another angel and there were a lot of good twists with this one even if they didn't bring the angels back and it was more of a stand alone with them trying to find the witches, it would have been kind of cool. I like the way they do witches on the show I think its really cool and different. Its also scary because the angels really don't know anything more than Sam and Dean and that's scary. I loved that Dean ate all the candy. Ashley Benson from Pretty Little Liars and Spring Breakers was in this... I thought she did a great job of being the hot innocent cheerleader and the bad guy. I just really thought this was a good one. It has like everything I like in a Supernatural Episode and it was exciting.

Wishful Thinking 
This one was really good. I hadn't been watching it in a few days because I'm trying to finish up other shows I started like Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D but... this was a great one to get back into it. This was really funny, had a lot of great moments and realistically that is what people would wish for. It was fun to watch it all get solved. The Teddy Bear going crazy was funny but also creepy and... yeah.They ended it with Dean remembering Hell, which was a dark ending! I really like this season so far!

Also, no one died in this episode permanently. Sam gets struck by lightning and dies (for the 2nd time in the series) but he ends up living.

I Know What You Did Last Summer 
This is the first episode I've seen in a while. And it was good at explaining what exactly happened to Sam when Dean was in Hell and his relationship with Ruby and stuff like that. Ruby is really great in this episode, I think all the actresses that played her did a really good job. It wasn't my favorite, but I have a feeling part 2 will be more exciting!

Heaven Or Hell 
This episode was pretty cool! It was a good follow up to "I Know What You Did Last Summer". I watched that episode several months ago and just started to re-watch supernatural now... so this definitely got me back into it. They've very creative with the angels and demons and how they relate that to Dean and Sam's story. It really got me back into the show quite a bit.

Family Remains 
This was like Supernatural's version of the X Files episode "Home." And they did a good enough job making it different enough from that episode that it was kind of creative how they did it. So I like that. I thought it was scary. Not the best episode, but not bad!

There was also one scene in one of the very early episodes... Definitely one of the first 3 where they focus in on an advertisement for Tab energy drink and I thought that was really funny product placement. I think it may have actually been relevant to the plot because I think it might have been before the flashback in In The Beginning... but yeah. It was definitely product placement and really funny and obvious at that.

Glad to be doing this again. Its funny because I wrote these all in different times because... I'm not the biggest fan of Season 4... but there are still some good ones!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f