Skip to main content

Chart Chat: 8.8.16

10) Ice Age: Collision Course- I was just thinking about how good the first Ice Age was and how different it was back then that it is now. If you haven't seen it, its really cute. It was in 2002... so its been 14 years! Wow! Did not realize it was over 10 years ago. But it was a very simple movie with Manny, Sid, and Diego who found a baby and were trying to get him back home to his family... and then Scrat's adventures were just kind of a side-story. And then I saw the second one with Queen Latifah and the cast grew and it just got to be a little crazy and totally different... and its just funny to think it started out that simple. I was thinking of it when I was watching The Good Dinosaur. It makes me happy that Pixar doesn't do many sequels cause it felt like a Pixar movie... and I haven't seen any others... but I doubt its at the level it was back then... so that's kind of sad thinking about that... but again I've never seen the new ones, so I can't fully know.

I really like the way these movies are animated! I think its cool and its always really pretty.

9) Ghostbusters- I still really want to see this movie! I don't care if its getting terrible reviews... I really like the new cast and I think its great that women can be ghostbusters. I like remakes because I do like seeing new takes on older movies and it kind of introduces me to a movie or tv show that maybe I wouldn't have seen otherwise... so yeah. Still doing well though! And that's good!

8) Nerve- This is interesting because I didn't know what this movie was about... but I saw it advertised a lot on Snapchat... and that must have worked because its an independent movie and its beating out huge blockbusters like Ice Age and Ghostbusters... which I think is a big deal even though those have been out a while. It looks interesting. Its about an internet game of truth or dare and thats always scary. Plus its got Emma Roberts and she's scary... lol! I love her though and this is definitely something I'll watch.

7) Light's Out- I think I saw trailers for this and it didn't look that scary to me... so I can see why its pretty low on the charts despite being a pre-roll ad on every youtube video... and this has also been out for 3 weeks... so I guess its not new lol. I thought it was new. Alright... thats not bad then. I'll take that back... but yeah. I might watch this if its on Netflix... otherwise nahhh.

6) Nine Lives- Kevin Spacey turns into a cat... I don't know what else to say about this. Kevin Spacey turns into an animated cat... Kevin Spacey from House of Cards... Kevin Spacey from American Beauty... Kevin Spacey who seems like the type of guy who's a super serious theater geek guy... turns into an animated cat. That is all.

5) Star Trek: Beyond- There are 2 types of people in this world. Star Trek People and Star Wars people. I'm a Star Wars person. I'm not saying you can't like both... but I've already tried one... I'm not into sci fi enough to try watching both. Maybe one day I will... but I don't think I will anytime soon. I've heard this is great though. Maybe... idk.

4) The Secret Life of Pets- I've talked about this before. I'm happy this is doing so well... but I'll wait for it. My sister and brother-in-law didn't like it much... I'm a grown up... idk if this is for me.

3) Bad Moms- This looks good. It isn't the first thing I want to see... but I want to see it.

2) Jason Bourne-I saw the last Bourne movie with Matt Damon in it... but I haven't seen any others... and I cannot remember what happened in that movie at all. Its action-y. Its an action movie you can show your grandparents I think... which is good! But... yeah. That's about it.

1) Suicide Squad- I linked a review on this in my post yesterday... and I think I'll wait on this. I don't think I want to see Batman vs Superman... so that makes me hesitant about this movie... I'm just hesitant about the new DC movies in general. I'll watch this on tv... but I don't think I'm in a rush to see this. Unless someone is like "do you want to see this" I don't think its #1 on my list. I'm excited to see it on TV though!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f