Skip to main content

Scribbles About Places: Red Bank, NJ

So... I figured I'd just talk about this. Red Bank is a really interesting town to wonder around in here at The Jersey Shore... and I figured I'd just talk about it. I was wondering around aimlessly yesterday and it was just fun and different.

Red bank is a sort of touristy area, but also kind of a fancy person area... so there are tons of little shops for clothes and stuff like that. There are some restaurants and a lot of bakeries. Its just kind of a cool place.

If you're looking for pokemon, there are lots of good places in Red Bank. Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash is a Pokemon Gym. There are lots of Pokestops. There's a bank that's a Pokestop and they have an advertisement that says "Come inside! We have water and air conditioning!" I think its cool when local businesses get involved with the pokemon stuff. Its just more fun and its probably good for them too. I'm a little pokemon'ed out to be honest... so I didn't go to that many pokestops or catch that many pokemon... but if you want to have a fun Pokemon date, I think that would be a good spot!  Probably a little safer for kids that way too... not that I think kids should be playing pokemon without adult supervision... but I think the bank employees would know to look out for the kids... but red bank is kinda dangerous... so just keep that in mind too. It isn't dangerous... but its busy, lots of cars and stuff.

There are a couple of hotels at Red Bank that are nice. I've never stayed at them, but I've been to events at them. The Red Bank Wedding Walk started at either the Molly Pitcher or Oyster Point and ended at the other one. I forget, they're nice but similar hotels. Both would be nice for a wedding or an event, I think. Or if you're just looking to stay in Red Bank, you could walk to the town from there easily and its really nice.

The stores are a little more high end. There's an Alex and Ani store... which I always stop in... and yesterday I actually got a sand dollar ring from there. There's an Urban Outfitters... which I've never liked, I think they seriously need to think before putting out some of their t shirt and home designs because they've gotten into a lot of trouble for offensive images or phrases... but I wanted to check them out yesterday. They have some different home stuff and I've seen they have a Pistachio Brûlée Perfume... I smelled it and its not that special. So its just a place I'll avoid in the future.

There are also some consignment shops that have cool things. I wondered into a few of the clothing stores yesterday and there wasn't really anything for me. When I went in on Small Business Saturday in November, they had a sweatshirt with Joey and Chandler on it and that was around $50... so when I say "high end" and "not really for me" I mean it... lol. I would have loved that Joey and Chandler shirt and I was going to buy it... but not $50 worth. Lol.

They have some nice theaters too that have concerts or smaller productions of plays. My parents saw A Funny Thing Happened on The Way To The Forum in one of them and Michael Urie from Ugly Betty was in it. Colin Mocherie and Brad Sherwood perform improv in one of the theaters there too. There are a lot of concerts, plays, sometimes movies and things like that. Its a good place for theaters! And the one place, The Two River Theater, actually has a really nice set up if you want to have a private party there. They have a nice party room. I didn't go to either of them yesterday... but I figured I'd mention it.

And they have a Starbucks... which I had fun people watching at yesterday. It was fun to see who the regulars were and there was someone in there for a class I think. It was just a cool place to sit down for a while. They also have a Rook, which is an NJ coffee shop that you kind of need to stop at if you're in NJ.

Red Bank has a lot of great bakeries too... I think I've eaten at all of them... and they're all really good. I think my favorite is Lil' Cutie Pops... which again, I didn't see yesterday but they just have really cute and different cake pops. There is a Carlo's Bakery there also, which you might know from Cake Boss. It isn't the same one as the show... but its still pretty tasty!

It's a goos place to have a birthday party, they have A Time To Kiln, Pinot's Palette, there's a really nice chocolate shop with wine and chocolate tastings, just lots of fun things to do. There's a movie theater that shows independent movies. A record shop... just a lot. The Chocolate shop also had milkshakes similar to Black Tap... so that is exciting.


So yeah... there's my little thing about Red Bank. There is also a train station, so if you want to go to NJ and NY... this isn't a bad area to do that. Some places I didn't find while wondering around that I wish I had seen around: a book shop... idk if they have any book stores, but I would have liked to see a book store. And a CVS... which I know they have somewhere, just not around where I was looking.

So yeah... there's my little day there. I really Miss The Broadway Grill... that restaurant had a great Coconut Chicken Salad and now they're all closed, which is sad.

I think I'm going to do more of these about local places and maybe not-so-local places that I've been to... Most places in NJ don't change that much year to year, but I've also been to other places that I could probably mention... let me know if you like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f