Skip to main content

Supernatural Season 4 pt 2

Criss Angel is a Douchebag 
I thought this one would be more of a funny episode... but it was kind of serious. It reminded me of Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose almost. It was pretty good, lots of good guest stars... but not what I was expecting.

After School Special 
Its fun to see the Sam and Dean flashback episodes, so I liked this one... but again I thought it was going to be one of the funnier episodes... and it wasn't! So I feel like there are a lot of serious episodes this season. It was still pretty good though. Not the best episode... but not bad.

Sex and Violence 
THAT was a good twist! I was excited when I saw that they had sirens in the episode... but I thought there were some really good twists in this one. I thought it was Hoyt from Trueblood that was the siren... but I wasn't sure... and it was just a good twist and a good episode!

Death Takes a Holiday 
This one was really good too! It was a little weird... but so's the whole show... this season particularly. I liked the little kid showing Dean and Sam cool ghost tricks and Dean and Sam loved it. I liked that they saved one of the seals from breaking... it was just a fun episode that blended both the main storyline of the show and the sort of one-off story of the episode together really well. It was great!

On the Head of a Pin 
This show has some of the best twists on TV, and I think that's why its stayed so popular throughout the years. They aren't twists that you really see coming... but they also aren't twists that come out of no where... so its just very good. Well thought out and I just thought this was great to show Dean torturing Alistar and Sam trying to learn how to kill him. It was all really scary, but both actors were so good even though they weren't together for most of the episodes. It reminded me of in Breaking Bad how they had a few episodes where Walter and Jesse weren't together and you could see how both characters really were... it was great!

It's a Terrible Life 
This was the slightly less serious episode I was looking for for so long lol. And I thought they did a good job with it. It was still pretty scary and kind of serious and they did a great job relating it to the major problem of the season... but it was good. Not my favorite episode... but I really liked it.

The Monster at the End of This Book 
I loved this episode! I thought it was just going to be a regular funny episode... but then they made it a serious episode with a pretty big twist and it was just a really really nice episode. This might be one of my favorite episodes. Its very meta. Supernatural is good at constantly making references to the fact that they're on a show on the show... and this was my favorite example of that I think. The writer even mentioned some of the really bad episodes in the first season and said "I know you've lived through bad things but I'm sorry for the bad writing," Or something like that. The creators of the show even hated those episodes they mentioned... so you can tell it was a joke they had put thought into.

Also I just looked up the trivia and it said that this is the first time in the series where Dean prays for help, and he gets it. Castiel tells him about the archangel and gives him a big hint to save Sam. That's pretty cool.

Jump The Shark 
This one was good too! It was sort of a one-off compared to Monster at The End Of The Book... but we learned that Sam and Dean had a brother and that their dad was a totally different dad to their brother. It wasn't my favorite episode... but it was really good and it was sad too. But you get to learn a lot about The Winchesters! It was cool!

The Rapture 
To be honest the next three are all kind of together for me. I'm not quite sure which is which. Okay this is when we see the guy that Castiel is wearing and his family. That was different than any other episode really. You never get to see who's behind the meat suit whenever they have a demon, but this time you know that the man was actually a big part of who Castiel was and Castiel was a part of who he was. He prayed for it... and I thought it was good. Sad, but good episode.

When The Levee Breaks
I didn't really know what to expect from the last couple episodes. I wish I hadn't seen the Soon part of previous episode because I thought that gave too much away, but this was still a really good episode. This was the most boring of all 3 because it was mostly just Sam stuck in the room and he and Dean were angry at each other... not a whole lot going on, but still there were some good twists later.

Lucifer Rising 
I thought this one was scary and a good twist and it was kinda suspenseful... but you kinda knew what was going to happen in the end... but it was still really good all in all. I just liked it a lot. I thought it was a good way to end this season and I'm excited for the rest of it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f