Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: 7/27/15-8/2/15

Haven't done this in a while and its about time I start again Right???? Let's hope there is some interesting stuff this week to comment on cause there really hasn't been in a while.

1) Ice and Coco and A Baby????- It was just announced that Coco Austin aka Coco of Ice and Coco is expecting her first child with husband Ice T! I love this! You gotta love Ice and Coco right????? I'm trying to come up with beverage-themed baby names for them. Hot T? Frozen Hot Chocolate? It seems like the baby should have some sort of name like that.

And I say this is Coco's first baby with Ice T... not sure if she has any other children, I don't like researching too much cause then I think I'll just say whatever the real news is saying... but her and Ice T are testing a talk show and they announced the Pregnancy to the live studio of the talk show. I think the show is just in testing right now and it will be viewable on select Fox stations on August 1st.
Heres a cute pic of the couple in case you forgot how ridiculously hot they are. Lol.

2) New York Magazine features stories from victims of Bill Cosby's sexual abuse- Really interesting article. I haven't read it yet, I believe that on the news they said that New York Magazine's website was hacked for unrelated reasons to this article... which seemed weird to me, so idk if and when I can read it, but New York Magazine featured a story highlighting each woman's experience with Bill Cosby as an individual and has a picture of them all together featuring a blank chair for women that have not come forward yet. I believe that it features 35 women that accused Bill Cosby of sexual abuse. I think this is really brave. I hope that their stories inspire women to come forward and confess about their stories. Most of these women were young girls at the time this happened and may not have known or understood what was going on, and of corse they might have told and no one would believe them which is even more sad. Hopefully it will allow us to believe women and for women to come forward so that no one else has to go through what they're going through. It can really help a lot of women and I hope it does.

3) The Bachelorette picks the hot one- In other less important but still interesting and not at all shocking news, Bachelorette Caitlyn chose (spoilers) Shawn aka the hot Ryan Gosling guy to be her boyfriend for the next 3-6 months and the two are engaged... I guess. They're supposed to propose at the end lol. The finalists were him and Nick aka the jerk that she had sex with first and yeah. Not surprising 1) Duh, always go with the hottest guy if you're on a dating show. Its not gonna last, you just pick the hot one. 2) There was already a photo of the two in bed together on snapchat... 3) he's the only one she kinda had chemistry with... I think. I watched the first few episodes cause Amy Schumer was in one and then there was a gay romance story going on between two of the guys... and I had to keep watching. Then I stopped I think in the episode Kaitlin-or Kaitlyn or Caitlyn or whatever... there are too many ways to spell this one simple name - had sex with Nick. Not because there was anything wrong with them having sex, I just missed the episode and read the online description and realized I wouldn't be able to handle the reactions of the guys after that cause they were all a bunch of babies that were treating her like a trophy.

And on Kimmel they talked about the snap. It was definitely accidental, they realized they screwed up right away, they meant to send it to the producers and ABC was very mad. And they picked him up in a car right after and drove him home. It seems like it was just a stupid accident that could happen to anyone. I've been there... not on snapchat... but I have a bad phone story similar to that, and if you know this story... then you know how stupid it was...

                                            Here is the snapchat of them together... they look stoned I'm gonna say that had something to do with it.


Here is a pic of shirtless Shawn with his future ex fiancé. Lol. I like Kaitlyn and I hope they stay together... but probably true. I also want to be the bachelorette... so I'm just a little jealous.

 4)Museum meant to be dedicated to women is now dedicated to Jack The Ripper- Alright so feminism is dead. Lol. But seriously as much of a feminist as I am... I would much rather see a Jack the Ripper museum than a woman museum. This sounds really creepy too because its told from the victims of Jack the Ripper, so that sounds interesting. Its in England... but I would totally see it if I ever get to go back there! Lol. I do understand why people are upset because they said it was a totally different thing in development and thats a little sucky... and I think illegal. Plus its just ironic that they're like "ohhh this is about women" and then they make it about someone that is famous for killing women... but... yeah. It sounds interesting to me... so thats a cool thing.


5) RIP Cecil The Lion- Alrighty, here is another sad story. I had heard about this, but I didn't fully understand what was happening. The way the media is covering it is kind of just saying "ohhh this guy did this horrible thing but he didn't know he was doing it" and then I watched the clip of Jimmy Kimmel talking about it and that made a lot more sense to me. Basically this dentist from Minnesota went to Africa and  shot a lion. The lion was a famous lion named Cecil that was known for his beautiful black main. This man has killed a bunch of majestic animals like lions, rhinos, bears a leopard... and its not okay. None of these animals are causing problems to the population, he isn't eating them for meat... there is no reason he's doing this, he's just poaching animals so that he can take pictures for his instagram and hang their heads in his house or whatever. Seriously I hope this man gets haunted by the ghosts of these animals like in the weird episode of the X Files with the invisible animals killing people! But really... there is no reason to hunt these majestic wild animals and they shouldn't be doing that.

Also Donald Trump's son hunts animals for sport in Africa too because he's rich and privileged and gets a kick out of posing for instagram with dead animals. So if you're thinking of voting for Donald Trump just remember his son might end up hunting you for sport one day when he gets tired of these animals.

6) Christina Applegate says she doesn't regret not taking the lead of Legally Blonde- Recently, Applegate admitted that she was happy she didn't take the Legally Blonde job because she thought it was a stupid movie. You know, compared to the serious work she's done in Anchorman and in this Vacation Reboot... lol. I love Christina Applegate, I think she's really funny and I get what she's saying about legally blonde... but its a little snooty to be promoting a Vacation reboot and shutting down this movie... Just saying. I like Legally Blonde, and yeah... it is kind of a dumb concept... but I think she needs to take herself down a peg and not insult her Friends sister (Note: Reese Witherspoon and Applegate both played Rachel's sisters on Friends.) when she's not quite Beverly D'Angelo. Idk. Just really? Lol.

7) Kelly Ripa breaks foot in Dance Class- Kelly Ripa was trying to hide her dance class injury, but she showed up to work in crutches and a boot today! She tripped over a weight in her dance class and fell and I believe the fact that it was probably a pretty heavy weight affected her also. She still looks just as fabulous in her crutches.

8) Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence are friends and ride jet skis together- So you know your favorite person? Aka Amy Schumer! And remember your other favorite person? Jennifer Lawrence, they went on a jet skiing adventure this weekend and it was awesome. I hope they go hang out with Anne Hathaway someday too! That would be awesome!

They can invite me too if they want... lol. Wow there are a lot of cool people here too! Awesome human pyramid on a boat!


Amy also responded to the recent shooting that occurred during her movie saying that it breaks her heart that this happens and that she thinks of the two victims, Mayci and Jillian every day. It really is sad that they were out having a good time and then something awful like that happened. Its a sad and terrible thing and I think Amy Schumer and other people are now trying to raise awareness against gun violence. 

9)Jason Sudekis to star as an animated Barbarian in creative new comedy- This sounds interesting... It doesn't sound like something I would really like... but the cast and producers/creators sound amazing! Its half live action, half animated and its about a barbarian reuniting with his family or something? I'm not quite sure, but I think it could be a big hit based on the other stars, which include Cheryl Hines as Sudekis's ex wife and also Tim Meadows (SNL, Mean Girls, Marry Me) and Scandal's current Vice President who is also known for being Artemis on Always Sunny. Phil Lord and Chris Miller of The Last Man on Earth are involved, which just puts the icing on the cake I think. If anyone can pull this off, its them. This makes me curious as to Sudekis's involvement in The Last Man on Earth, because I'm imagining he would be a major character in season 2 or upcoming season based on the sort of surprise nature of his cameo. I think he could actually appear in both since one is animated and maybe he would be a recurring guest on Last Man on Earth and  not a star. Will Arnett had like 3 shows at one point and Jake Johnson starred in both New Girl and Allen Gregory when they were on... so it works I guess! I think it'll be interesting. I hope it gets made, I want to see how it turns out since I love Last Man On Earth so much!

Also in the works? A Gritty dystopic Little Women for the CW. Alright... should be interesting.

RIP Bobbi Kristina Brown! Her funeral will be Sunday and she will be buried next to her mom. So sad. 

Weekly Clickables 

Pomeranian with adorable sneeze

Zoolander II teaser  

Baby Elephant Playing With Birds 

What Kimmy Schmidt Character Are You Quiz 

Tituss Burgess, Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski lip syncing to Flawless 

Dana Scully Faces to Shut Down Stupid Men 

X Files Season 1 bloopers 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f