Skip to main content

Bridesmaid Diaries: Choosing Bridesmaids+ Flower Girls and How to ask

So this one seems pretty simple, and again its kind of more of a personal preference type of thing picking out who your bridesmaids are and why you want them!

Know How Big of a Bridal Party You Want 

Sometimes people want a really big bridal party including all of their friends, and thats great! But sometimes people just want to keep it smaller, which is also great! Its about you and what you want to do and if you think the people that you're choosing as your bridesmaids will be happy with that.  If you have a lot of friends but don't want a big bridal party, either way your friends should have a fun time as a guest of the wedding and you can still invite them to bachelorette parties and bridal showers and have a good time with them.

Don't pay too much attention to the amount of groomsmen 

It doesn't really matter if the amount of Bridesmaids you have is different than the amount of groomsmen. If you have like 16 bridesmaids and like 2 groomsmen... thats one thing, but if you have like 5 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen, or vice versa... I wouldn't stress about it. Just... do whatever makes you happiest that you guys can agree on. I don't think numbers are a big game... and its not a numbers game.

Go with whoever is closest to you for Maid of Honor 
If you aren't sure who you need to choose for Maid of Honor... go with whoever is closest to you. I'd say family first and then close close friends and the grooms family if you'd like also. I don't think you need absolutely all of your friends and family in the ceremony... but this is kind of how I would decide.

Try to incorporate people if they aren't in the party 
I don't really know if this is necessary, but if theres someone you know that you're good friends with but not "bridal party" friends, include them in somehow if you want to. I always thought it'd be really nice to have someone do a reading or something during the wedding. Maybe like a love poem or something. I don't know.

The Flower Girl and Ring Bearer 
Choosing a Flower Girl shouldn't be too hard. You just get whoever has a little kid and ask them. If you have a lot of kids in your family and aren't sure who to ask... again either go with the closest family member, or who you think will be the most well behaved. My sister was my Aunt's flower girl... and she wasn't the best behaved. Lol. It doesn't really matter what their behavior is like as long as they bring the flowers down the aisle.

For Ring Bearer same thing... or you could use a pet... but make sure they're well behaved and well handled. You can google "pet ring bearer" to find helpful articles of what to do. I don't think my dog will be Stacey's Ring Bearer... he really isn't that well behaved... but I don't think she has any friends or family with a little boy... so I'm not really sure.

How To Ask 
So my sister got me a Mug that said "Will You Be My Maid of Honor" and her other bridesmaid a "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" mug. The other bridesmaids daughter will be the flower girl, so she got her a "Will You Be My Flower Girl" onesie (or t shirt, depending on the age)

She sees me all the time, and we were seeing the Bridesmaid and Flower Girl in person, so she didn't have to send us a card or anything, but she was saying some of the cards on the website Etsy and they sounded like they had some good ones. There was one that said "Can I Pee On You" and then you pulled something that said "Can you hold my dress while I Pee"  or something like that... which sounded funny. There are all kinds of things on Etsy. I think there are toys for Flower Girls too.

My cousin was asked to be a bridesmaid and the bride sent her a box with a card, a ring pop and nail polish that I think were the wedding colors, which is also cute and a good idea. There are probably ways to do it with chocolate too... which sounds good.

Or you could just do it like a prom-posal and write it on a Chick Fil A Cup or something... no don't do that. Chick Fil A is a bad company I don't support... lol.

So yeah, that is everything I've noticed that I thought would be helpful in this scenario. Hopefully this was helpful and yeah!

Byeee!
-Shannon

P.S- Here  is a useful wedding video I saw on youtube from Jessica Braun, who just got married in June and she's a more budget-friendly beauty you tuber and she has some budget-friendly wedding tips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f