Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV- Shannon Watches Old TV Shows: The X Files Season 3 part 2

We ended on a favorite last time and we're starting with a favorite this time! So this is an exciting bunch also!

Syzygy

Still one of my favorites! Its so creepy but also funny. Its a little like Scream and Carrie... slightly more like Carrie with the characters, but like Scream with some of the deaths and the humor of it. A little Jaw-breakery too. I really liked this. And it was legitimately creepy because there was all this cult stuff and these deaths and the two teenage girls were so good and so creepy. And there was jealousy between Mulder and Scully... I feel like after Mulder got off the train in the last mythology episode, they hooked up. It totally makes sense with why Scully is so jealous in this and War of the Corpophages and why she's so upset with Mulder disagreeing with her in Revelations. Its not written anywhere... but if this was in real life I'd totally be like "THEY HOOKED UP!" Lol. Such a funny episode that is really scary too. This is a good episode if you want to start watching, maybe watch this. Its a fun one. And I watched this a bunch too and actually remember most of it. So good. Ohhh and Ryan Reynolds was in the first few minutes... but he dies. Lol.

Grotesque
I didn't really get this one. I was only really half paying attention to it because I remembered I didn't like this and I'm pretty sure the writer of this one does a lot of episodes that I didn't particularly like... No offense to him if he reads it, they aren't bad... just not my cup of tea. And again, I barely remember from the first time I watched, so maybe they are amazing now... but this one I mostly paid attention to the Mulder stuff... but not the actual case. lol. The Mulder stuff was good, I thought the dad from That 70's show did a good job.

Piper Maru & Apocrypha- Decided not to split up this 2 parter. Both episodes were good, this is where the black oil starts, we find out more about who killed Scully's sister. Krycheck is SUCH a bad guy in this that its amazing and this is where I was excited to be at in the series. I love the black oil, its such a cool and unique thing that the x files did and its like "what the hell is that? I've never seen that before." And it really works well for the rest of the series.

Pusher- Vince Gilligan's first episode as a staff writer. Its about a man that does bad things because he finds out he has brain cancer and doesn't have much longer to live. Sound familiar? Also he convinces people to kill themselves as a result of this brain cancer... which is weird. This is just as creepy as Squeeze and Tooms... if not more creepy. Its a great episode. I always really liked this one and I still think its one of my favorites. Especially after seeing Breaking Bad.

When I heard that Gilligan was a writer for X Files I wondered if he wrote this episode, but I was never quite sure. Its such a great first episode too because he gets the characters down really really well. I thought it was amazing.

Teso Dos Bichos
Nahhh. Lol. Skip it. I have no idea what the hell went on with this. There is one good moment where Scully tells Mulder that the victim ate Sunflower seeds and Mulder says "A Man of Taste" and it was pretty funny. I didn't like it, but it probably isn't the in the worst I've seen so far. The worst one so far I think is the invisible elephant episode was probably the worst so far...I think I liked Grotesque better than this one... but not great. Lol.

Hell Money 
Bad, I barely paid attention. It was pretty terrible and seemed racist. I believe Lucy Liu was on. I think all the guest stars did a good job, and the concept was cool enough... but bad. Ooooo Lucy and David Duchovny dated at the time. I did not know that. He's had a lot of unexpected exes that I think are all on the show. Lol. He dated the girl in 3 that he had no chemistry with... so I guess they had broken up not that long after if he was dating Lucy here.

Jose Chung's From Outer Space 
Finally a good one! This is on everyone's top 10 list and rightfully so. It is the last episode of Darrin Morgan and it is definitely the funniest and most X-Filesy. Its one of the only episodes I can think of that is actually just about alien encounters. And its all kind of about unreliable narrators and its just a really well done episode. Its one of the best episodes of anything on TV ever probably. Its just a must watch. Its a comedy too so its fun to watch. This is a great one just to watch for fun. There is another Jose Chung episode of something in the X Files World also. There's a Jose Chung episode of Millennium... which idk where I can watch, but I feel like I should watch it eventually... so yeah. Especially just to see what other things Jose Chung has been up to since then. He's played by Charles Nelson Riley, who passed away in 2007 I believe.

Avatar 
I remember this one. It was pretty good, didn't love it. I watched it and I have no idea what happened or what the end was... I think I saw this without knowing much about Skinner. For some reason I thought this was Season 2, I think they showed this out of order when I watched it in syndication. Its weird. I remembered it being a weird one. This one was a little too coincidental. David Duchovny came up with the story for this... its weird.

Quagmire 
This one was good! I remember liking it, but not as much as I like it now. Darrin Morgan re-wrote the episode too! So its like a regular X Files, but you get the Darrin Morgan feel of it all. And they included Scully's dog Quequeg. And it has a lot of mythology and a lot of Scully stuff in it. Plus how she thinks of Mulder and why she's worried for Mulder. Its really good. Its also sad, but kind of hopeful and funny and real.

Wetwired 
This one was crazy and really good! I forgot about this episode until I saw the beginning of it and I remembered really liking it! I was actually going to clean my room and watch it and then I was like "Ohhh this is that episode! I better watch it." The only thing is, this episode is really kind of dated now. Its got VCRs and old Tv sets and it feels very old, which the X Files normally holds up pretty well cause it doesn't always show the monsters... and when it does it usually looks really scary like the Fluke Man. And this is like a stand alone episode that includes the mythology as well, which is really cool. They don't do that often, but when they do they do a good job. I thought Mulder and Scully were both amazing in this too. Scully was the paranoid one and Mulder had to try and keep her sane. It was good. I really liked it.

Talitha Cumi 
Loved this one! What an amazing finale. I forgot most of it... I just recently remembered that CSM had an affair with Mulder's mom... and he is such an ass about it! He's like "ohhh I was better at jet skiing than Bill... I was better than Bill at a lot of things. " What a dick! Bill's dead! Stop one up-ing him! Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f