Skip to main content

Trailer Reviews: New Gone Girl Trailer and more!

So I did one of these last week, but there is a new gone girl trailer that I just watched and I figured I'd watch some more stuff.

1) Gone Girl- This is the movie where Ben Affleck's wife goes missing and he seems suspicious, yet insists he didn't do it. It's based off of a book that I want to read because I'm interested in the story... but lets face it. Ben Affleck, Tyler Perry... doesn't sound like a great movie to me so far lol. Also books about murder don't translate that well on screen I don't really think. I kind of liked The Lovely Bones movie, but it wasn't fantastic or anything I would have really wanted to pay to see... I don't know. The teaser was super weird and arty, it was just clips of the movie that were rather disturbing and a song playing in the backround... its weird. This one had more of the story, but it still didn't really tell us anything. It makes Ben Affleck look super guilty and on one hand that would be super obvious but also meh... who knows. The trailer and the new posters have convinced me to read the book, but I'm still uncertain about the movie.

2) What if- Daniel Radcliff meets the right girl its a fairy tale everything is perfect but wait she has a boyfriend! So you're supposed to pay $12 and sit for 2 hours to see if men and women can really be friends without falling in love or sex getting in the way of it? Yeah no. Sorry Harry Potter. NEXT!

3) Life After Beth- Guy falls in love with girl, played by Audrey Plaza, girl dies. Guy is sad, but then girl comes back to life, guy is happy and ohhh yeah now she's a zombie... so he's trying to figure that out again. Yep. This sounds awesome, totally seeing it, worth my $12! Good job!

4) About Alex- This one looks the same as every movie I reviewed last week only more depressing kind of. Alex tries to commit suicide and then all of his friends including Audrey Plaza yet again come to visit with him and then everyone else tries to hook up with each other. I'm half in but not really.

5) Alexander and the terrible, horrible no good very bad day- This is one of my favorite children's books and I heard that they were making it a movie and Steve Carell was going to be in it, but I didn't know how it could be a movie. This actually looks really cute and even though its clearly not for my age group, I kind of want to see it because it seems like a heartwarming family tale. Donald Glover is in it too, so there's that. Idk, if you have kids this movie looks really cute and something you guys can enjoy together.

6) Cinderella- This was a teaser trailer... if that even. Basically it just showed a glass slipper and a butterfly and said it would be out in March 2015 and it's Disney. I'm guessing the butterfly is the fairy godmother... but idk what the movie will be like or who cinderella is or literally anything from this teaser aside from that it is a thing that will be happening in the not so distant future. I'd probably see it just because I liked Maleficent soooo much.

7) Frank- I wanted to do something besides an independent movie... but I had to do this one! It's about a musician who won't take off this ridiculous mask he has on. Frank is played by Michael Fassbender, who is an incredibly attractive man that has shown his penis at some point during his career... right? It wasn't like for a movie or anything it was for him being a crazy person I think, idk never saw it just heard about it on The Mindy Project lol. Anyway I think that he's a super good looking guy that could absolutely be the next Brad Pitt or on par with Channing Tatum or something, but he chooses roles that don't highlight his good looks and I think that's brave. He's a real actor and he tries to not rely on his looks. So this could be good. It looks pretty bad, but interesting... lol.

8) And So It Goes- My version of the trailer: Michael Douglas is a horrible man, unlikeable probably sexist and has no friends. But for some reason Diane Keaton Falls in love with him anyway. In a movie that is just like every other movie she is in and has a super generic title that no one will remember, so you'll just refer to it as "that movie where old people have sex." Because old people having sex is super funny and not weird or gross at all... that's what I got from the trailer. Yep. Spot on... umm its also filled with jokes that aren't funny and make no sense, Michael Douglas using a paintball gun on a dog, and it reminds us that these people used to be real actors and they both have Oscars. Looks horrible, don't see it. 1) we really don't need another one of these movies 2) this is one of those "sexism is HILARIOUS" type of movies that I think are really hurting our society as a whole... also racism is in there too. It just looks god awful and these are the types of movies they play in hell. lol.

Alrighty... I can't do this anymore. Too many indy movies, nothing that looks good, wanted to get it to an even 10 but this is just terrible. Tomorrow I will have a review up on a movie that is out now and that is better than all these other movies, so you have that to look forward too.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f