Skip to main content

Stuff that happened this week (7/6-7/12)

1) Crumbs Crumbles- this is really sad news for me. My favorite cupcake bakery Crumbs has gone bankrupt and they've already shut down all of their stores. They literally JUST opened one up at the fancier mall near me last summer and I was so sooo happy! They also just started making their own Cronuts... Which are delicious! This is what happens to these trendy type of food places. They do really well for a while and then they open up too many and everyone gets sick of them and they stop going there. And it's sad because I still like them and I want Cronuts!!!! Lol

2) Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling are expecting their first child- This makes me more happy! They are just so beautiful together and their kid is going to be the most gorgeous creature on the face of the earth! I hope NY&CO starts making Eva Mendes maternity clothes in their Eva Mendes collection! I bet more people will be buying her stuff thinking it will make Ryan Gosling impregnate them. Lol! This is happy news and I wish them the best.

3) Yankees fan caught sleeping on jumbotron sues over it- like really? What a jerk move! A Yankees fan was caught sleeping and is now suing people because he's embarrassed it got on television. If I sued someone for every time I was embarrassed by something, I would be suing people every day of my life! Get over it! Shit happens! The funny thing is that the news has been showing his picture all over and so have the papers... So if he wanted his image out of the spotlight... That is not what happened. I'm sure he just wants his 15 minutes and will probably get a reality show with the Nanny From Hell because of this.

4) Joe Manganiello is dating Sophia Vegara- He's a hunky werewolf, she's a hot foreign funny lady... Match made in heaven! More seriously though, they are adorable together and I think it's so cute when attractive people date other attractive people! Maybe they'll have a baby soon too and that baby will marry Gosling-Mendes baby and then they can have super attractive beautiful superbabies! Yes this needs to happen. I know they just started dating... But this needs to happen!

5) Rosie O'Donnel to rejoin The View- after much speculation it has finally been confirmed that I will not be watching he view after Jenny and Sherri leave! I mean really, I don't fully dislike Rosie... But I don't want to watch her on a talk show. They're doing this because the ratings were really high when she and Elizabeth were on and they were fighting every day... So they will likely be getting someone conservative to argue with her. My Money is on Sarah Palin. I don't really watch it now, but
when I do watch it it's usually just for Jenny and Sherri. I think they're interesting women with a good story and a good personality and I like hearing what they have to say. I don't like watching women shouting at each other every morning... So it's unlikely that I'll watch Rosie vs Sarah Palin.

I don't dislike Elizabeth Hasselback either. She was the only conservative person on the show and I think she got a lot of crap, and she got yelled at a lot by all the other women. The show is called the view...let the women show the view instead of having them fight. You can watch Jerry Springer for fighting! It's just frustrating.

6) Emmy Nominees announced- Yayy some good shows were nominated! Game of thrones was the most nominated show. Breaking Bad also got a lot of nominations. Orange is The New Black is up for best comedy and several cast members are up for awards including Kate Mulgrew who plays Red, and Laverne Cox who is transgender and nominated for best guest actress! Silicon Valley was nominated for best comedy series... And that is probably what I will root for. There were also lots of snubs. Community... As always. Parks and rec, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Brooklyn 99 was excluded from best comedy along with Andy Samberg for best actor. Didn't really notice the snubs until I read an entertainment weekly article. I also don't think TJ Miller was nominated for Silicon Valley and he 100 percent should have been and Chris Messina is someone else I was surprised was missing. But whatever! Go Silicon Valley and OITNB!!!

7) Dawn if The Planet of The Apes Controversy during the World Cup- apparently in England there was a clip of the new planet of the apes movie during the World Cup game. And the clip just
happened to show a man's head getting blown off by an ape with a machine gun. That's fun family stuff! Yes the station that was airing the game received several complaints because there were lots of kids up watching the game though it was later. I think this would either make me cry or give me nightmares when I was a kid. I remember one night when I was a kid it was Christmas Eve and I was all exciting and I was staying up late and there was this Snl or Mad Tv clip that was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer as the godfather or something. And they killed Santa and hung his head on the tree. And it was really scary to me because it was animated the same way as the actual Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and I thought it was that at first and that's why I watched it all excited. So seeing something like the ape with a machine gun would terrify me and I think that was a dumb choice.

8) Lebron James goes back to Cleveland- This is the time of the blog where Shannon pretends to care about sports! So everyone knows Lebron is a great basketball player... But he is also one of the biggest traitors in history. He left his original home town to go to Miami for a boatload of money a few years ago and everyone was outraged. Now he is leaving Miami and going back to Cleveland for another boatload of money. I think it's funny that he's pretending to do all of these things because he
cares  about his home town... But really it doesn't matter. There is a boatload of money involved! Nothing else matters!

9) Glee star Becca Tobin's Boyfriend found dead in a hotel room- This is very sad and really very scary. It's being reported that Tobin was not with him at the time, there is no evidence of drug use or foul play. He was a 35 year old nightclub owner in Pennsylvania and he was found dead in a hotel room by a housekeeper. Really eerie and scary, especially since it is almost a year since the death of Cory Monteith. I know she's probably still saddened at the loss of him, I don't know if she was on the show with him ever, but there must be a lot of sadness on set. This will also be very tragic for her and the cast of corse. I don't know if she is close with Lea Michele, but I hope that she and Lea reach out to each other and that they can help each other and support each other during this difficult time.

10) True Detective is eyeing Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch for Season 2- Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch have both made some pretty crappy movies. Kitsch pretty much got everyone working
on John Carter fired from Disney. John Carter and Battleship were 2 of the biggest blockbuster flops in history... I saw Battleship and it was by far the worst movie I've ever seen and it wasn't all kitsch's fault... But he didn't help any. I don't know,but I don't exactly think that Matthew McConahey and Woody Harrelson sound like a good pair either... But the show was a success so people must like them. I don't totally hate Taylor Kitsch so I'm hoping this saves his career or something.

And also JK Rowling is publishing a story about a hogwarts reunion FTW!!!! 

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f