Skip to main content

Gone Girl Review-Spoiler free

So I just finished reading the book Gone Girl and I absolutely loved it. I liked it so much that I'm going to split my reviews in 2. 1 for if you're thinking of reading it but haven't yet...or if you are reading it and aren't super into it at the beginning. And then I'll go more in depth in my other one so that if you've read the book already, you know what happens.

This book doesn't start out slow really... But I can see how if you're just reading the first part you may not like it right away. The characters Nick and Amy don't seem very likable and their marriage just seems bad for no real reason. It's entertaining... But I was starting to wonder how it could be a book that was 400 pages... But there is a huge twist in the middle of the book that changes everything and it makes it basically impossible to put down for the rest of the book. Everything you thought about the characters changes completely.

I'll talk more about this in my spoiler review, so once you've read it you'll probably see what I mean... But the twist isn't something you can really see coming, but it is all there and everything adds up. It probably wouldn't be your first guess but it's there. There is a little bit of information that makes you rethink things that have happened up to the time of that event and... There are coincidences. If you're observant you'll probably get what's going on. I kind of did, but it was right before it happened... And you're kind of focused on hating someone so it's easy to miss.

That kind of makes sense lol.

The end of the book wasn't as exciting as I thought really. It's a slightly satisfying ending, it doesn't tie everything up really. Gillian Flynn, who wrote this book and is the screenwriter for the movie also did say that the last third of the book may be different in the movie... So I don't really know what to expect from that, but I would like to see a different end.

So that's it. This is a total must-read. I'm not super into mysteries or anything, but I loved this. I think this may be my favorite book ever. It's really great and I highly recommend it!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...