Skip to main content

Top 5 Friday: Top 5 Trueblood Storyline Fails

Trueblood is ending, and I reviewed the season so far yesterday and I said I quite liked it, but like any show it has it's ups and downs... Here are the top 5 biggest storyline fails!

5) Franklin Mott's whole character arc- I bet you're wondering "who is Franklin Mott" well that is because the show took a pretty interesting character that could have had an okay storyline and made him a very weird unmemorable character. Franklin started out as just a vampire that was dating Tara at the beginning of season 3... Nothing too weird, it was just a one night stand Tara had with a vampire... But then he went crazy and there was very little payoff to his antics on the show at all. He kidnapped Tara to make her his vampire bride, he blackmailed Jessica after she killed the Trucker... And then he died! So weird. I don think anything happened that escalated in the show because of this character. It didn't make me like Tara, Jason or Jessica any more or less. It was just like this weird sideshow that gave the show very little in the long run. Like I said I liked Franklin at first and I was really into his storyline, but for the season and the series as a whole... He left very little impact.

4) Jason killing Eggs- this is another storyline that wasn't completely horrible, but it really didn't give any sort of impact on the show whatsoever. I like Jason as a character, but he really bothers me because he does all these things and has all these storylines and all of his good intentions and all of his motives just get lost and tossed aside. I also would have rather seen Eggs in another season of the show than see the weird storyline of Jason feeling guilty for being a murderer and Andy taking the fall for Jason and protecting him. It was just a weird story that never really payed off.

3) Jason becoming a were panther- the whole were panther story in general was pretty insane. I didn't like that they were all super trashy and addicted to meth and dealing meth , I didn't like that Jason was forced to have sex with all of them. I thought this was going to be number 1 on the list because none of it made any sense... But it did give some funny scenes for Jason and Sookie and it got him together with Jessica nicely... But overall it was super weird, really trashy and all in all just not good. Ughhh so many bad Jason storylines!

2) Terry's Smoke Monster Story- Seriously what the hell was this? I hadn't been that weirded out or confused by any other storyline from this show until the smoke monster. I feel like after the Arlene Baby thingy they felt the need to give a storyline to Terry and for some reason this was the first thing they thought of? I don't even really remember what happened because I always skipped that story or just stopped paying attention. It seemed super exciting when they opened the story at the end of Season 4. We didn't know who this mysterious man was, we knew there was something dark with Terry's past but didn't know what and it seemed incredibly interesting... And it wasn't in the slightest bit interesting. I thought that maybe Terry was a serial killer and he joined the army to straighten up and that this guy was like in his gang or something... But no. Freaking weird fire monster thing that is weird and pointless  and boring. I don't mean to speak ill of dead trueblood characters, but this story was stupid!

1) Bill Compton banging Portia Bellfleur- I kind of knew what to expect from this story because I had read the books and I knew that Bill was related to Andy Bellfleur, but I thought there would at least be some plot to this weird subplot... But there wasn't at all! Bill is practically no longer related to these people, his blood is not the same anymore and he's so old that it probably doesn't even matter that they're related... But no. He has sex with her in one episode, finds out he's related to her in the next episode and then glamours her into being scared of him. It's all really stupid. I thought that maybe because in the books it mentions some sort of rivalry between Sookie and Portia that that would stir up...Nope! I don't think the two even had scenes together! I also thought it would get brought up again when Bill visited the Bellfleurs because of Terry's death... But nope. Nothing happened there were no consequences... It just was what it was and they didn't speak or mention it ever again! Also it's weird that a lot of shows sort of tease incest but never quite go there... So good for Game Of Thrones for actually going there with their twincest. It's icky and disgusting and brave all at once!

So yeah those are my top 5 least favorites in that particular order... Let me know what your least favorite is below!


Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f