Skip to main content

Scribbles about Tv- Trueblood Recap!

Alrighty it seems like this season they're doing a death in every other episode... So I'm going to say no one died tonight. Well that's not true, people died but no one with a name or anything... So it only half counts. Lol.

Overall I really liked this episode, I thought Sookie was really good and very human in this episode. It's hard to remember sometimes that Sookie is the human part of the show and is supposed to be who we really care about, and this episode was very powerful in showing that she was human and she just wanted to help the people she cared about. She was still upset over the death of Alcide obviously, but she stayed strong because she knew everyone needed her to stay strong. Jason needed her to be strong because he had to tell Hoyt the bad news about his mother, while Hoyt doesn't even remember who Jason is. Arlene's kids needed Sookie to be strong and to tell them the truth about what was going to happen to Arlene. Holly needed Sookie to be strong because she was the only person that knew where the others were and Jessica needed Sookie to be real with her and tell her to eat. Sookie's only moment of weakness really was when she saw that Eric was dying of Hep V. She was able to cry about Alcide in front of Eric and she was really herself for Eric. She was herself for everyone else too, but for Eric she didn't really need her brave face.

And my favorite scenes of any episode of the entire series as a whole are the scenes with Eric and Pam. Particularly the flashbacks. And this flashback was amazing. It showed their first meeting with Ginger, who was just a vampire fangirl that was taking a class about vampires and wanted a job at their video store because she was in love with Eric. She is also the brains behind Fangtasia. She came up with the idea and Pam glamoured her into thinking it was her idea. She had confessed to Eric that it was Ginger's idea in the first place... Which was a really bittersweet moment because Pam knew her maker, her best friend and her everything would be dying soon. She asked him if he still loved her and he said "always" and it was just the most adorable thing in the entire world. Possibly my favorite scene ever on the show.

Towards the end of the episode I was also surprised at the amount of emotion I felt for Arlene in particular. She was dying after being torn apart by vampires and there were so many distractions that none of the Healthy vampires could save her by giving her their blood. She was slipping away and for a moment she saw Terry. Sookie was trying to pull her back to earth, but she saw Terry and for a moment she wanted to be with him again. It was so dramatic and very well done. When Terry mentioned that he missed the kids and that he wished that he could stay, Arlene agreed that she needed to stay for her kids and she healed. It was a really touching moment and the best for Arlene as a character.

It also gave a better picture of her and Sookie's friendship. Arlene is really Sookie's only true friend now, besides Jason and Sookie really needed her to stay also. It wasn't just the kids Sookie was looking out for it was for herself too.

The song at the end of the episode was also perfect too. It was Death is not the end, and that just made it seem like there was more to these dead characters, even now that they are gone.

The show also opened in a surprisingly meaningful way. It showed Sookie calling Alcide's father to tell him about his son's death and Jason's call to Hoyt about his mother's death. It was all very touching and sad that they had to tell them this horrible news. Alcides father even let Sookie know how much Alcide loved her and that he had never heard him happier than when he was with Sookie. And Sookie knew of corse, because she knew that Alcide loved her more than anyone else did. She knew how much he thought of her and how much he loved her and she knew he was too good for her overall. It was all very sad.

So yeah, great episode I'm excited for next week cause I'm guessing someone good will die and that is it!

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f