Skip to main content

New Girl Season 3 Review

New Girl Season 3 was also really funny... but there were some episodes I didn't totally love...

I think one of the high points of the season is the episode with Prince- which Fun Fact aired after the Super Bowl that year... but that is the episode where Nick first tells Jess that he loves her and Jess responds by giving him finger guns... then Nick crashes Prince's party (along with Schmidt, Winston and Coach) and takes back his "I Love You"... which Jess doesn't want... and eventually Prince convinces Jess to tell Nick how she really feels and they're both able to say that they love each other by the end of the episode.

So while I think that episode is great... the episode following that is a little less interesting. Nick sees his ex girlfriend Caroline at a farmer's market with Jess and she goes CRAZY saying that Nick cheated on her with Jess... which is a little weird because Nick and Caroline dated before Jess showed up and she broke up with him- and sure then they got back together and Nick ended up dumping her without giving her a reason apparently... but it was kind of weird... Caroline was funny in the episode but her character was totally different than it was in the first season. It was just kind of a weird episode and I think it was the episode right after and I don't know why it just didn't live up.

This season did bring Coach back to the loft- which was really funny. He just added so much to the cast because he has different relationships with all the characters... and it's just super funny. He sort of pokes fun at Winston, he's almost a rival with Schmidt at the beginning of the season, he thinks of Nick and Jess as one person bascially, and he dates CeeCee at first but then they end up being like gal pals... it's just really funny how everyone sort of reacts to his presence and how he just kind of embraces everything.

The breakup episode was also really good. It wasn't predictable and it was mostly a funny episode with a kind of sad ending... but it ends up kind of making the next couple of episodes funnier because Jess and Nick act like they're still a couple at first and then they end up going on a Cruise together and bring the rest of the gang...

It all ends up very funny and I just really liked this season. Season 2 was still my favorite overall but this had some really fun moments too!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f