Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up-6.12.16



Favorites 

Grace and Frankie- I love this show! I just started watching Season 2 on Friday. Its so funny already but there's also a lot of heart and its just a good show. Nonstop laughs... but there are serious moments too... which I love. If it gets too serious, not my favorite... but nonstop laughs with the serious... totally my favorite! Lol. This is a pretty underrated gem of Netflix. I feel like people my age would pass it up for something else... but its so funny and so good. Marta Kauffman, who was a co-creator of friends is a co-creator on this too... so if you like Friends you should watch it! 

Coloring books- I found a coloring book at a dollar store... and I've been loving it! Its so relaxing to just color! I thought the coloring books were a gimmick... but then I tried it and I really think its nice. Some days you just have to sit down and do nothing but color. Its so much fun. And this book had some really pretty pages! I have a DIY of how to make your own coloring book... but that can get stressful and its much easier to color someone else's lol. I like having my own designs to color... but this is way easier and less stressful. 

Comedy Bang Bang- Long favorite... I think this was a favorite last week too? Not sure. I've been catching up on the podcast lately. So that's been fun, I've been really liking it. 

Snippets from the week 
-Monday and Tuesday I didn't do anything...
-Wednesday I ate lunch and went to the mall with my mom. That was fun.
-Thursday I went to the mall again with my mom... lol different mall.
-Friday I was driving pretty much all day, but then had some fun later! 
-Saturday I went to target and got more coloring books and supplies. 

TV Highlights 
I finally watched the Grey's Anatomy finale! It was so good!

I also started watching Grace and Frankie, which is really funny too!

Noteworthy Snacks 
Penne Vodka, PF Changs, chicken marsala, chicken franchaise... other stuff too. 

News and World Events 

This week the world went crazy over a garlic bread meme that some found offensive... I wanted to do a whole post on it... but I don't really want to get anyone upset. Lol... I'll give the short version though. There is a group called Garlic Bread Memes where people are crazy about Garlic Bread and share their love of Garlic bread by posting memes about them. Someone posted one saying that there were only 2 genders... and it was weird. I think it was meant to be satirical and not harmful, although I didn't agree with what the meme was saying. I think its the weirdest article on the internet... so yeah. There's that. 

In sad music news, Christina Grimmie from The Voice was shot and killed after a concert... Blake Shelton has commented that he is "Disgusted and heartbroken" over her death, as I'm sure we all are. There's too much senseless violence in the world it needs to stop. 

Slightly more happy news, President Obama's oldest daughter Malia graduated from High School this week. The President said he would have to wear thick sunglasses so that no one could see him crying. He also declined to speak at the graduation because he would be too emotional. Its nice to see when the president is just a regular person, just like any other dad. Sweet. 

And Muhammad Ali had his funeral this weekend. Billy Crystal spoke at it, Will Smith was there and said it was beautiful. It seemed like it was a great way to celebrate his life. 

The Queen Celebrated her 90th birthday and Princess Charlotte made her first public appearance... looking beautiful! 

Thoughts 
Life is funny and unexpected. I've had a lot of blogs scheduled for the week... but I either didn't get around to writing them, or I was inspired by other thing. For What's Up Wednesday, I literally just came up with the name and started writing. And I think it was better for that. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f