Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Uncle Buck Review

I was pretty excited about the Uncle Buck Tv Show. All the previews made it look really funny and different and it just looked like it was well cast and funny. Mike Epps looked really funny on the previews. I love Nia Long! Just seemed like a good show!

And I really enjoyed it! I thought the first episode was good... but it wasn't my favorite. I think the girl scout episode was where it really shined... but we'll get to that. Lol.

So I've never seen the movie Uncle Buck, but according to my mom the pilot was pretty true to the movie... which is cool! There are so many tv shows based on movies that just don't work because they don't stay true to the movie... but this one stayed pretty true, so that's really good! And its a different spin because obviously John Candy was the original Uncle Buck, he's a white man and its about a white family and this version has a black family. And its also set in a more modern time... so there are different problems then they would have in the original Uncle Buck. A big part of the Pilot had to do with sending a boy she liked a picture with her top down a little bit... and thats a problem that didn't really happen until the last 10 years or so... so its pretty modern!

I think I just like any tv show or movie about girl scout cookies... because the second episode is what I thought was really funny. I'm excited that this is on during the summer because really nothing else is on and all the shows this year look really good! And summers can be hard. Its nice out and everyone is happy... but there are lots of problems in the world right now. There's a lot of sad stuff on the news and sometimes, you just need a good laugh even if its just for a half hour. This was on the Tuesday after the tragedy in Florida and there wasn't anything else that was really uplifting on TV this week... this is just one you could sit down and watch or you could have on in the background and just do whatever and you'll laugh and be happy. Its the type of show I think I needed to see this week and I was really impressed by it.

My parents both liked it also... so its something you can watch with your parents and you'll all like it just the same. And I love those types of shows!

I highly recommend watching this! It's on a little later tonight... so check it out!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...