Skip to main content

Bridesmaid Diaries: The Big Day!

So here's the finale! My last Bridesmaid Diaries post...for a while at least... The Day itself! I think I'm going to do this snippet style like the Bachelorette party because it just went so fast!

The Morning 
- I woke up pretty early because I realized what day it was and I was pretty excited! Idk if that was the best decision because I was pretty tired later... but it was still good. 
-I took a nap in the morning because I knew I wouldn't get to sleep much. And I had a big day. 
-Stacey and I also got eye masks that you can put in the fridge and they'll feel nice on your eyes... so I wore that for a bit too and that helped. 

What I packed 
- Before we went to the salon, I made sure to pack a few things. My glasses, the jewelry I was wearing. Stacey got a robe so I packed that. I didn't know if the Makeup Artist would have mascaras, so I took the Bareminerals Lash Domination, Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara Sample, Ulta Waterproof Topcoat, and Too Faced Mascara Melt off for removing it. I also brought Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in Rapture cause that kinda goes with everything and if the lipstick the Makeup artist applied wore off this would look fine over it. The perfume I wore was Elizabeth and James Nirvana White, so I packed a rollerball of that and Nirvana Black. I brought the clutch I was wearing... My Spanx which I forgot to wear entirely.The shoes I was wearing and the Bridesmaid Dress. 

What I wore 
My sister actually got us all button up shirts to wear while we got our hair done and sweatpants that said "Maid of Honor" (on mine) and Bridesmaid and Bride Tribe for everyone else. And hers said Bride of corse!

Early on in the day 
We went to the salon to get our hair and makeup done. I went on pinterest in the morning and looked up bridesmaid hairstyles... so that was good. I went with the one everyone seemed to like best. It was a low bun... which is hard to hold up. They also had some breakfast there, I didn't have a lot because I didn't want to get bloated or anything... but yeah. I was hungry when I left... and pretty much that whole day for some reason. We also applied lipstick at the end... it was pretty much gone by the time the ceremony started though... but the Urban Decay Rapture lipstick I packed did go with anything... I decided not to apply it until after the ceremony though.

Also the makeup artist didn't use all high end brands! Revlon Colorstay, an Elf Primer... I think the Mascara was from Maybelline, I think all the powders were from Mac... but that's just something to note.

Before the Ceremony 
-My big tip here is get dressed right when you get to the venue, if you're a bridesmaid. There was a photographer there to take pictures of Stacey, but it took a long time for my mom and I to get ready... and we should have done so sooner.
-I had taken a lot of pictures and snaps early on in the day, so my phone was dead. I texted my friends and asked if any of them had a portable phone charger. Luckily, one of my friends did!
-Save the snapchats... just cause that's fun for the bride and groom. Especially if they don't have snapchat.
- Last year when Build a Bear had Minions, we made some minions and Stacey wanted a bride and groom minion. They ended up being a pretty big part of the reception and a big hit... lol. I'll get to that
-Ohhh and get some pictures of the venue before the groom gets there if you're the bride! We got some cute pictures of everything early on.
- And make sure the bride doesn't see the groom before the wedding either! That's a big thing!
-They had a delicious cheese platter... we attacked it. Lol.

The Ceremony 
-This part was easy... I mostly had to walk and stand next to my sister... I had issues fluffing the dress in my heels... but nothing too terrible. The minister was able to fluff the dress for pictures. Lol.
-I was crying... but then the flower girl kept saying things and making me laugh... so if you're thinking of not inviting kids to the wedding... idk if I recommend that. Lol. I think they're always good for a laugh.
- There's usually some sort of ceremonial type of thing during weddings... sometimes with sand. My sister did the greek Stefana ceremony, which you can see in My Big Fat Greek Wedding and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Its very beautiful and meaningful, and my Greek family members were emotional.

Cocktail Hour 
-I wasn't really there for a lot of cocktail hour... there were some issues with us taking pictures and I wasn't there with my family and the groom's family for all of the pictures that were taken... but I also wasn't there to eat many of the appetizers during cocktail hour... or to hear the Harp player... who was very good from what I've heard and what everyone has said. I grabbed any appetizer I could after photos.
- Make sure to save some things for the bride and groom! My sister really wanted one appetizer and I asked my friends to grab any if they saw them so that I could bring to the bride for when they were done. My friend was able to get them and my sister was happy that she got that appetizer at least.
-Make sure everyone is there for the photos... no matter what. Just make sure everyone stays for the photos!

Reception 
The entrance and the speech were my big things... and those were kinda hard... but not that difficult.
- Okay the entrance really wasn't that hard. It was to David Bowie's Golden Years.
- The speech was a little harder because I left the speech upstairs... so just remember to always email the speech to yourself before you leave the house. Lol. That's what I read off of. My phone was charged enough at that point because I left it with my friend with the charger during cocktail hour. Lol.
- The father daughter and mother- son dances were a lot of fun. We took dance classes before, so that was fun to watch and see how well they did. Jus do something you're comfortable with. It was fun.
-And make sure you get some good pictures and having a wedding hashtag helps a lot with this. The photographer didn't actually get a picture of the dip between my sister and her husband... but my friend Alyssa did! So they're putting that in their photo album too!
-Other than that... just enjoy yourself and have fun. Eat, drink, dance and be merry!
-Remember when I said the minions were a big part? The DJ Had the song This I Swear sung by the Minions in Despicable Me 2 and said "why don't you guys have the minions dance to the song." And it was adorable!
- We also did the Dancing Zorbas dance... which was a lot of fun for everyone! Its hard to do though! But its so much fun!

Going Home 
- My sister had a dress for going home because it was easier than going home in the wedding dress... and safer. So that was good.
- I changed back into the clothes that I went to the venue in to go home... it was comfy and nice. Lol. I was happy.
- I love my dog. He was so sweet when we got home... I just thought I'd mention that!


Byeee! Hope this was useful! If you live in the Central Jersey area and have any questions... feel free to message me privately and I could give you specifics.
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f