Skip to main content

Dead To Me Season 1 Review

Okay so there aren't as many seasons of Dead to Me as there are New Girl- only 2 seasons released so far but they're so different I don't want to cover the second season in this season. And I want to talk about what I expect for the third season when I review the second season next week. 

So in Season One Jen and Judy first meet in the first episode. They meet in a grief counseling group- Judy recognizes Jen because she's a realtor and she saw her on a park bench and they bond pretty quickly.Jen's husband just passed away in a terrible hit and run and Jen can't sleep since her husband died.  Judy tells Jen to call her if she can't sleep... Jen can't sleep so she calls her and then Judy starts coming over to Jen's house... and eventually Jen tries to go to Judy's house and she finds out Judy's been lying to her a little bit. 

So once Judy explains why she lies to Jen and to the grief counseling group- she's accepted into the group even though she joined under false pretenses and Jen invites Judy to live with her in her  husband's pool house because Judy was living in a retirement community that she worked at after Judy's bad breakup with her fiance... it was just a lot. 

I'm being vague with a lot of details because I don't really want to give things away... but Jen ends up working with Judy's ex fiance and he says Judy is crazy and... we do find out that Judy was driving the car with her ex fiance-Steve and they were the ones that hit Jen's husband. 

And it does kind of seem creepy and stalkery that Judy is living with Jen... but Judy is honestly such a nice person and SUCH a good friend for Jen that you kind of know that she's not this terrible scary stalker that Steve and other people portray her as. 

Jen's anger is also a very important and a big factor in the second season of the show. It's always apparent through the show that she was angry- but she always seemed like such a loving wife to her husband... but there are details of their marriage Jen doesn't know like the fact that her husband is having an affair or the details of some of the fights that they had and how their marriage really was. Plus Jen's mother in law is... a nightmare to say the least. And guns are mentioned a lot and shown a lot so... it's pretty interesting. 

Over all there aren't that many shows that get female friendships quite like this show does and this season in particular did a flawless job showing us how much these characters loved and needed one another. 

The cast is also really great. Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini, and James Marsden are perfect. This season is really great... but the second season I think really creates the amazing and dark world these characters live in and... there are just so many coincidences that happen and it's just brilliantly written. 

So yeah. I really love this show and I definitely recommend you guys watch it! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f