Skip to main content

Shannon Does Stuff: March- I Watch Movies!

So this is a thing I'm doing and I'm going to write about it! I'll do something every day for a month and then write about those things! This month I'm going to watch movies everyday... or almost every day!

Amelie- Technically I watched this before the challenge started... so I'm not including it on Day 1 yet... it's a good movie. I couldn't watch it all at once... I didn't really have the attention span... it's hard to watch such a visually stunning movie and also pay attention to the subtitles too... it was a lot to take in... but I did really like it overall. I think I want to mostly watch movies I haven't seen yet... and I would like to watch some critically acclaimed movies... but I'll probably do some bad movies also because I might like Vampire Academy better than I liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! Idk! I just wanted to see this movie and I like it a lot. Good characters and a lot of fun!


Day 1: Zootopia- This is one that I've seen before... but I wanted to do a review of it for my Scribbles About Feminism blog because I like Judy Hopps. It's just such a really fun movie that does have a great message. It just won the Oscar for Best Animated Picture, which was well deserved... and I just really love this movie. So much fun, could watch it again and again and probably will!

Day 2: The Jungle Book- I hadn't seen this movie yet... I think I mentioned last year during the Chart Chat that I wasn't all that interested. I'm watching this in shifts... first half I'm watching in the morning and the second half I'm watching later in the day... I'ts 11:11 right now (make a wish!) and I have an hour left that I'll watch later... but so far, Bill Murray is perfect as Baloo. I like the kid that plays Mowgli and I think it's a pretty good movie overall. I would recommend it so far.

Okay... gotta say... gotta a little less interested in the last 45-ish minutes... I had just woken up from a nap... and I was looking to shop online... not my favorite movie ever... but I liked it! I'd watch it again. It's not bad!


Side Note... if you like villains... I think you'll like this movie! I didn't know King Louie was a villain... but he is in this. Kaa is great, not in it long. And of corse Sheer Khan... who is voiced by Idris Elba... and I have to say- he's an amazing voice actor! After just watching him last night in Zootopia as the grumpy-but-loveable boss of Judy Hopps and then as a very evil and spiteful villain in this movie... it was good! Nice transition!

Day 3: 

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog- I wanted to watch something I've seen before because I was cleaning my room... but I also wanted to see a musical that I knew the words too and I could sing along too... very into musicals right now. And I still remembered most of the words to this one! I love this movie, it's very very short and pretty much music nonstop. I think I'm going to do a Throwback Thursday on this because I used to watch this ALL THE TIME but I don't think I've seen it in a few years. So I was excited to see it again. Plus it is super short and easy to watch.

Day 4: 

Chicago- I actually kind of watched this on Day 3 also... but I'll count it for Day 4 because a lot of it was after Midnight. I wanted to watch this originally instead of Dr. Horrible, but I couldn't find the DVD. I did however, see that it was on Netflix... so I was excited about this... Again I'll probably do a Throwback Thursday and a feminist blog on this... so I don't really want to talk too much about it... but it is probably one of my favorite movies... it might even be my actual favorite movie aside from Despicable Me. It really holds up. The last time I watched it was after I saw the musical itself... which was right after I graduated High School... I think I appreciate it more now that I've seen the Musical. It's a great movie!

Day 5... missed it! But I did Watch Time After Time which had a 2 hour premiere kind of like a movie. 

Day 6: 

Swiss Army Man- This was kind of a brilliant movie... it was well written and definitely a unique movie to say the least... it was weird. It was the weirdest movie ever maybe. It has kind of a nice, simple message about Self Acceptance and in that way it was kind of beautiful. It's Daniel Radcliffe's favorite film of his... so according to Radcliffe- it's better than Harry Potter. I don't know if I'd 100% recommend this... it does have a nice message though and it isn't boring. The movie starts off with a man using Daniel Radcliffe's farting corpse as a Jet Ski... so yeah.

Day 7: Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Arc 
Didn't finish this movie... I didn't like it that much... I kind of think I needed a break after watching this... which is why...

Day 17: Beauty and The Beast- Live Action 
Omg this was sooooo soooo sooo good! I must have a review on it by now... I actually liked this better than the Cartoon. First time ever! It was the most gorgeous movie... aside from Amelie maybe... it was maybe my favorite Musical movie ever... I just really liked it. They did a great, great job with this movie. It was really really well done. I loved it! It kind of reinsured my love of movies and made me a little bit more interested in finishing up this challenge and make up for the lost days. Lol.


Day 22 Sing- Okay... so I really haven't been watching it as much as I thought I would have by now... but Sing was a movie I really wanted to see it... but I never did in theaters and now it's on blu-ray... and it's great! It was a little slow at parts, but it was really cute and I just had a lot of fun watching it. I'll probably watch it again over the weekend... but it is really really cute! I love it!


Okay.... so I don't love watching movies every day as much as I thought I did... but that's okay. I think I'm going to try and continue on with this challenge next month... but do it in a different way. So far, it's April 3rd and I have not done anything consistently yet other than maybe writing for my blogs and instagram accounts... and maybe also planning and following a planner... so that's something right? I'm going to somehow incorporate writing along with watching tv and movies for Shannon Does Stuff: April.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f