Skip to main content

Chart Chat 4.17.17

Heyyy guys! Sorry for not posting the last couple of days... busy days! Hope everyone is having a good week! If you guys want to compare this too last week's top 10 you can click here to check out what I thought of last week's chart. I'm a little happy Logan and Ghost in The Shell are off the charts... I'm not so happy that The Fate of the Furious was released... lol.

10) Kong Skull Island- I'm hoping this is nearing the end of the charts because I'm a little sick of talking about it... lol. I think I've said all I need to say about this movie... I don't want to see it! Thank Goodness Ghost in The Shell is off the charts! Lol.

9) The Case for Christ- I think I predicted last week that this would jump up the chart in it's second week... and believe it or not- It did! It was 10th on the charts last week and this week it's number 9. Not really my cup of tea for a movie... but Faye Dunaway is in it... that's something. She was the only name I recognized... so there's that. This will probably be on the charts for a few week and I'm sure if you go to church and maybe you were looking for an activity to do to bring the community together a little more- this movie would probably be a good one. If you're a religion teacher- this might be good to show your class when it's on DVD.

8) Power Rangers- If you're in a church group and you can't get tickets to see The Case For Christ... this probably isn't the best second option... lol. That was the best segway I could think of. I want to see this movie... I don't think I'd pay to see it in theaters... this is a movie to watch while you clean your room or something like that... so yeah. That's probably when I'll watch it- sometime when it doesn't have my full attention. I'm sure it's good but I think that will be my favorite way to enjoy it. Lol.

7) Get Out- This is a movie I'll watch with my full attention. I'm happy it's still on the charts. I look forward to seeing this sometime... and I look forward to anything Jordan Peele does at all really. He can do anything- guy is talented. I happen to be one of the people that loved Keanu though... so there's that but- I think this looks great. Unique and just awesome!

6) Gifted- This movie is an independent movie I believe... and it's doing pretty well for that. It has a star studded cast too! Chris Evans, Octavia Spencer and Jenny Slate... maybe not star studded but there is a little bit of buzz around her because she did date Evans... and although the two broke up- she has nothing but good things to say about him... so that's good. Marc Webb is the director- he is known for 500 Days of Summer, the Amazing Spider Man movies and a producer for one of my favorite shows, Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I'm sure this is a good movie... but again- probably a "cleaning my room" movie.

5) Going In Style- This movie looked so funny to me... I want to see it... probably won't see it in theaters, but I also don't think it will be a "cleaning my room" movie... it's one I'd give full attention to. I'm sure it's not the greatest movie ever- it isn't getting the best reviews... but I'm sure it's not awful.

4) Smurfs: The Lost Village- This looks cute. It slipped down a spot from last weeks charts... which I'm still a little surprised by because I would rather see this than The Boss Baby... of corse that's nothing compared to the #1 movie... which I'm sure will be on the charts for quite some time- and I'm sure you'll see my enthusiasm about the movie... because I'm not a huge fan of the franchise... but anyway- this movie looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad that they re-vamped this series because this looks a lot better than the "live action" smurfs movies with NPH and Jayma Mays... no offense to them... but I just can't deal with the live action smurfs. It looked creepy.

3) Beauty and The Beast- This movie came out a month ago today... and I'm guessing it is not slipping from the top 10 at all next week. Probably not even the top 5... this is one I would see multiple times... its a beautiful movie... great spin on the classic animated version... and who doesn't love a Disney movie- right? Definitely magical!

2) The Boss Baby- This movie looks funny... I mentioned last week it's not my cup of tea probably... but I do see the appeal. I think if I was a mom- this movie would annoy the crap out of me. Lol. It seems a little bit obnoxious... and then I think the kiddies would probably act obnoxious after seeing it... so that isn't good... but yeah. It's still a funny looking movie... I'd probably watch it while cleaning my room... and I'll probably think the same thing about it that I do now. Lol.

1) The Fate of The Furious- So excited about this movie... Can you tell? Can you just imagine the relief that Ghost in The Shell is off the charts- Kong: Skull Island is almost off... and then this movie comes out... there's always going to be one movie... but this will probably be on the charts the longest. I'm guessing it will be Number 1 next week too... I'm looking at the "Coming this week" movies and nothing looks like it will beat it... ohhh boy!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f