Skip to main content

How To-sday: How I run My Instagram Account

So this is kind of a lot of work... but it is easy once you get it down.

First off- writing everything down! I will kind of jot things that I use throughout the week down in a notebook and then... I'm trying to save my "Instagram Day" for Thursday... I'll just write everything down to post throughout the week or the next few weeks on that day. I'm just trying to dedicate it to one day now because I want to write blogs and other things on different days in the month... so I want to confine Instagram to one day of the week because it does take a lot of time... so that's how I do that.

I've heard that you should have at least 30 hashtags per post... so that is what I try to do on all my posts... I pretty much have generic hashtags that I'll use for all drugstore posts, all liquid lipstick posts, all of my "Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion Favorites Friday... some things I write brand new hashtags for... but I kind of try to stick to whatever I have written for the hashtags.

Where do I pre- write these posts you might ask? The notes app on my Iphone. I write everything in there and then I just copy/paste it to my instagram account... it makes it a lot easier to think my thoughts out and write something fuller.

For my pictures... it's a little bit trickier. I'll try to take all of my pictures on a sunny day because I use natural light... so I won't take pictures at night at all. I open up windows or take pictures near an open window... and I use the natural sunlight. Sometimes I do edit the pictures for light and color... sometimes it just doesn't look quite as clear. Sometimes I'll even use one of the filters on instagram.

I used to watermark my photos... that usually takes up a lot of data storage on your phone and it's a little bit annoying... so I have recently stopped doing that... but I used Livecollage and I liked that app... I prefer skipping that step because it is WAYYY easier... but I thought I would mention it anyway.

I take the pictures on a white background for the most part. I have a few other backgrounds that I also use... for the most part it's a marble background... I have a notebook with a marble background I use sometimes but... now for the most part I use a print out of marble. I googled "Marble background" and printed it out... so that's what I use a lot of the time... you can't really tell. I'm probably going to look for other backgrounds and embellishments and things to make them look a little extra jazzed up... but for right now I like it just a plain or marble background... and I don't go to craft stores often... so that's kind of how I feel about that!

And that is pretty much everything! I write down my posts in my little mini planner... or in another planner that I'll talk about next week... and then that is how I run the rest of the account!

Byeee! Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...