Skip to main content

Chart Chat 4.3.17

I'm a little shocked by this chart chat... but it's an exciting week! I'm somewhat surprised at the number 1 movie... although I mentioned it before, thinking that it would definitely be the #1 kids movie of the week... anyway- let's get started!

10) The Zookeeper's Wife- This movie looks amazing! What an incredible true story as well! A Zookeeper hid family's from the Nazi's in his Zoo! That's amazing. It looks like it's quite beautiful as well... I guess this had a very limited release this week and that' why it's so low on the list... I'm still a little surprised that CHIPS beat it out... but I think in upcoming weeks this will probably get to #1 on the charts... or at least pretty darn close. As much as I want to see this movie... I really really want to read the book. I don't know if I'll read the book first or not... but I'll make sure to read it at some point because that's an incredible story!

9) CHIPS- Love Kristin Bell and Dax Shepherd and the fact that they are both in this movie is pretty awesome. I think Shepherd wrote, directed and stars in it as well... which is pretty fantastic! I'm not that interested in this movie... I think it got okay reviews, but I don't think it has the appeal of something like the 21 Jump Street reboots. And I've never seen Chips... so mehhh.

8) Life- I think I talked about this last week.... yes. Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Reynolds... new life found on Mars is a threat to Mars and to Earth... I'm not super into sci fi and I don't really know anyone that is... but this sounds good and I want to see it on TV.

7) Get Out- 6th week on the charts and Jordan Peele's directorial debut is still going strong! I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon either... it's really the first movie of it's kind... it is possibly one of the most critically acclaimed Thrillers in years at least... maybe since Black Swan? It looks excellent... I wouldn't be surprised if theaters re-release this around Halloween or even for Black History Month in years to come... it seems like one people will always love to see in theaters! Plus- I think this will be in consideration for the Academy Awards next year. I hope it does, this movie just looked awesome!

6) Logan - This is also one that looked awesome. 5th week on the charts, Hugh Jackman's final movie as Wolverine... it looks really good. I know it's unlikely that comic book movies get recognized in the academy awards... but I think it might sometime. It's also been critically acclaimed and I think everyone involved in this movie is just so proud of their work!

5) Kong: Skull Island- This is a movie... it's been on the charts for far too long for me to come up with interesting things to say about it... Yeah... that's all I'm going to say about this one.

4) Power Rangers- 2nd week on the charts... I think it was number 2 in the charts last week... it's something I'll maybe watch on tv... won't go out of my way to watch.

3) Ghost in The Shell- There's always one movie that when I see the trailer I'm like "Ugh. I'm going to have to talk about this for weeks and weeks on the chart chats and I have no interest in it whatsoever." First off... they should have gotten an Asian Actress to play the role. There are lots of talented Asian actors and actresses and... Scarlett Johansen is a great actress... but they could have gotten an Asian actress.. This movie still probably wouldn't have been my cup of tea if they had... which I guess is my 2nd off... I'm sure a lot of people love it and a lot of people would have loved if they got an Asian Actress... but they didn't and a lot of people are angry... so yeah it's doing well on the charts, but I don't think it will stay on the charts for a long time. At least I hope not because... that's bad... and I don't really have any interest in talking about this movie anymore. So... yeah.

2) Beauty and The Beast- Number 1 movie for 2 weeks in a row... has now slipped to the #2 spot on the charts! I loved this, I thought it was so well done. My friend just saw it this week and said she cried the whole time... I couldn't stop singing after seeing it... I'd love to see it again and again... don't think that's going to happen... but what a fantastic movie! Highly recommend seeing it!


1) The Boss Baby- Half surprised that this is #1... but it also makes sense. Alec Baldwin is the voice of the main character and he's super popular right now due to his impression of... someone... but anyway it's kind of like Family Guy... but for kids... so it seems like something kids would love, adults would love... people that have had a baby recently would love. Lots of appeal for this movie... plus it's probably spring break for some colleges... and I probably would have seen this in college. I think this might slip a little with the release of the Smurfs movie... but I still think this will be in the top 3. Just looks like a funny movie that a lot of kids and grown ups would like... might even be a Birthday Party movie... it's got a lot going for it.

So that is everything! Hope you've enjoyed this Chart Chat!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f