Skip to main content

Chart Chat 10.10.16

Feel like I haven't done a Chart Chat in a while! Here we go! I actually want to see most of these movies... so that's kind of cool. Also I just posted this on the other blog... so I took it down and now its here. Lol.

10) Queen of Katwe- Kind of surprised this is at the bottom of the list... but I also didn't realize it was out for 3 weeks already! I don't really know what this is about, but I love Lupita Nyongo! She's an amazing actress and I just love her personality! She seems so fun on the red carpet... and I just like her!

9) Masterminds- This movie looks so funny! My grandfather and uncle saw it this weekend and they loved it. Said it was really good... so yeah. I feel like Zach Galifinakis is making a comeback... but his last comeback just happened really... so yeah. It's cool to see that Zach Galifinakis is the new Zach Galifinakis.

8) Sully-I've mentioned this before, looks like a good movie... probably not going to see it. Not really my thing. Sully is a hero, Tom Hanks is amazing... but this just isn't my thing.

7) Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life- This looks funny! It looks like movies that were out when I was a kid... but it might be funnier because of Andy Daily. He's super funny and I really like him on the Comedy Bang Bang Podcasts... he's great!

6) The Birth of A Nation- The images in the trailer to this movie kind of made me a little sick. And it looked really good because that's what it was supposed to do and I do want to see it. I know there is controversy around the director... he was accused of rape charges, which he was acquitted for... don't really know the situation there. I didn't see it get good reviews on IMDB, I don't know from critics...its still something that I probably will actually watch when it comes on TV because the trailer caught my attention.

5) Storks-Transitioning from a funny movie to a serious movie and now to a cute movie! This looks adorable, I think I'm even more excited for it because I'm going to have a niece in February and I think its cute. It looks really good and sometimes you just need a fun cartoon with some storks and a baby!

4) The Magnificent Seven- Chris Pratt is in this... I obviously want to see it!

3) Deepwater Horizon- Haven't heard of this one... but good its #3! That must be pretty good then! Okay after watching the trailer... I kind of want to see it! Its an "I'll see it at home" movie for sure... but it looks genuinely like a good movie. I've seen some of Lone Survivor, and I did like what I saw of that and this has the same director and Mark Wahlberg... so I think it would be good. Kate Hudson and Gina Rodrigez from Jane the Virgin are also in this... so yeah. Great cast, and it looks like a great movie. Sad, also probably very hard to watch... but good!

2) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children- Interestingly enough, the top 2 movies are based off of books. Deepwater Horizon is based off a real event... and the Magnificent Seven is based off a movie... so that's kind of funny. I kind of want to read the book of this... but I think the movie looks really pretty and I really want to see it. It just looks fun... and I like Eva Green and Tim Burton...so that should be good. I think this is one I would see before reading... but the next one I don't think I can.

1) Girl on The Train- I really want to read this book... and this movie is getting great reviews and it really looks good! I love mysteries, this looks like a great one. I'm not sure if the book is told from the Emily Blunt characters point of view... but that would be interesting because she is somewhat of an unreliable narrator I'm guessing... I might have to read this tonight. Lol.

Hope you guys liked this... sorry its a little late... but I still thought it would be good to post. Lots of more serious movies this week... idk how I like that!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f